Friday, June 6, 2008

Outside!

The weather here is starting to warm up! Yay! We have been basking in the suns rays (okay maybe not so much) and delighting in the 70 degree temps (although wishing they were 80 degree temps)! Since sunshine in Vermont is a novelty, we try to take advantage of the nice, sunny days. Last week we went with a few friends to a wildflower preserve. Sadly, we had missed the blooms for a lot of the flowers, but it was fun anyway. We got to spend the whole morning there and even had a picnic! It was pretty fun...until I decided that I wanted to take some pictures of the boys.

This location was so pretty. I loved the combination of the pretty wildflowers and the red barn in the background. I tried to take a pic of both boys together. Bless his heart, Clayton wanted to help me, but he just ended up making Noah a little frustrated!


Sadly, this was the best shot I got of both boys together (why is it so hard to get a good pic of both the kids at the same time!?!):

Here are a few random shots that turned out pretty good:
I love this one of Clayton. The kids thought this fence was the best part of the wildflower preserve and I really did like the photo ops it provided!

Noah is at the age where he is so busy that it is hard to take his picture because he just won't be still! I do like this picture of him though.

We ended up spending that whole afternoon in our backyard (you just can't pass up a good day)! I got a couple of good candid shots of Noah:

Homes here do not come with sprinkler systems. It rains so much that you really don't need one. So we just have this one sprinkler. The boys think it is a great toy. (Until the other day when they were playing with it and Justin turned it on - I must admit, it was pretty funny.)

Noah is also discovering dandilions. He loves to pick them and blow on them (Clayton is sooo over that). I think it is really cute. I wish I had a better camera, I think that a good picture of him in black and white blowing on a dandilion would be classic!

Finally, look at this face! Those blue eyes always get me!

I love summer and the opportunities it gives us to be outside. I love hearing Clayton say, "Mom, I don't want to watch cartoons. I want to play outside." I do wish that we had more sunny days here and way less humidity. But summer is summer and I am EXTREMELY glad that it is finally here!!

12 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for your comment on my new blogg. It will be so fun to keep in touch. Cute boys!

Nat said...

I'm glad it's getting warmer too. We might get two months of summer after all, haha.

The Relativity Ranger said...

Those do look like nice days. If you want to have black and white pics though you don't need a different camera. You can edit the pictures (And make the B&W, sepia, whatever) on your computer later.

Unknown said...

Yes, I know that I could take a bw pic with my camera, but the emphasis was on GOOD picture. My camera doesn't really take the best quality shots. Hint hint Justin!!

Missy said...

It is so difficult to get pics of kids. I always stress myself out about it. Your candid ones are great though. You should check cameras out on Ebay and just happen to leave it up on the computer for your husband!moy

Melissa said...

We got our camera on eBay and love it. We got the whole package, but you don't have to. We got the Canon Rebel. It is amazing. I still use our little cheap one for everyday pictures, but for our nicer ones we use the good camera. Cute pics of your boys though!!

. said...

Love the pics...the color of the wildflowers is beautiful!

Kerstin said...

Cute pictures! The boys looks so cute and grown up in them.

Tami and Kaleo said...

Hi Ariane. Your kids are so cute. Hey dying over in Sunny St George I would love to live in Vermont with fun shaddy rainy days and lots of beatiful grass and the coast not land locked cactuses. haha. I know your a vegas girl. But for real. I love that your son didn't want to watch cartoons. Lets play outside. My kids love it to. Love Tami ps i updated. Love me

The Jones Fam said...

70 degree's, oh I miss those days! Luckily we're just in the 90's and not yet into the 100's. What a beautiful place! I love all of the pics!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Looks like a lot of fun and you caught some great pictures:) I hope it stays warm for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love how you say "warming up" but your kids are still in jackets... we are sweating bullets here... wish a jacket was in the forcast still! I love how green it is and the kids in the grassy flowers is adorable!!!