Last Saturday I spent most of the afternoon canning pickles. This part isn't really that relevent to the story, but they all sealed beautifully and, dang it, I'm proud of that!!
(They're called Cherry Pickles - Justin thinks they are the most delicious things EVER.)
Anyway, after my canning extravaganza, I threw a quick dinner in the oven. It was only supposed to be in for about 45 minutes and I figured I could keep my kids busy until then (yeah right). When there was 5 minutes left on the timer, my mom called. I went into the living room to talk to her. Shortly into our conversation, the kitchen timer went off and when I went to take the dinner out, this was what I found...
CAKE!!! We had about 1/4 of a cake saved on a plate and I found Noah chowing down! He ate the WHOLE THING! In 5 minutes!!!! Yikes! It was one of those moments where I didn't know whether I should yell or laugh (I ended up doing a little bit of both). Not surprisingly, he didn't want any dinner. I can't blame him though, I mean, who wouldn't want cake for dinner!?!I love Noah so much. Even though he is driving me a little crazy right now, I recognize that he is a great kid. He's cute, cuddly, funny, and quite a little charmer! He is also one of the most relaxed, go-with-the-flow kind of kids I know. I really do appreciate that about him and I don't know what I would do without him. I just wish he hadn't eaten all my cake...
13 comments:
Oh how I so understand the whole "I love you so much, but I really could strangle you right now" mentality. I swear that God makes them cute so we don't hurt them! That's pretty amazing and kind of funny that he ate the whole thing so fast though.
hahahaha...I could totally see my kids doing that. Last year Landon was big into getting into food when I wasn't looking. There were a few times I found him eating hand fulls of peanut butter. Noah looks so cute in those pictures though, I bet you couldn't stay mad long.
P.S. Thos pickels sound delicious, you should send me some :)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "terrible twos" start several months early for little boys. :)
He sure does look cute though (even innocent!) in those pictures.
OH... I am so with you on the patience thing!! It is so hard when they are so advanced that they start there terrible twos when they are still one!! My friend Sara told me about this book... you should read it if you havent already. It is called The Soft Spoken Parent... I think. Check it out. And I think you are doing an amazing job with your kids! Just make another cake... take it to your room with a large glass of milk and eat it all by yourself!! Ha! Hang in there girly!
It's funnier when it's not your own kid so that is pretty funny to me. I do have to say I know how you feel. Today as I was painting the baby's room Kenzie started hammering my new base boards leaving a big gash. I'm sure she thought she was just doing what the workers did when they installed them but ahhhhh! I still haven't told Kelly about that one!
It's amazing how predictable a child can act at a certain age. Get ready for the terrible two's!!!
you cant yell at that kid it would break all the rules! He is severely adorable and only yelling is allowed for ugly kids and since you dont have any.. no yelling is permitted in your home! Signed.. the Cute Kid Founders..
I'm so proud of you for taking pictures of him and the last little bits of your cake. I imagine it helps to diffuse the situation if you have to grab your camera.
And those pickles (I'm not sure I believe they're pickles, because they're just so pretty) look so cool in the jar! It's totally one of those things you get in a cool tall jar that you keep on the counter because it looks so neat. I love it and am so proud you actually canned.
Blogging is so great in that you grabbed the camera, so you ended up having a second to cool off! I'm totally feeling ya, my 2 yr old has been off the chain. It's so awful, but yet this age is so fun because they're constantly learning new things.
Okay now, Queen Latiffah?! Now that made me laugh out loud!!!
Asher would do that...If they would just share the cake...
What a clever little bug that Noah is! Gotta love that age! What a cutie. And Ariane you have such a great attitude!
I always love the stories you tell about your kids- they are hilarious! Of course I don't have to deal with them all the time, but I can imagine you're cracking up all the time. Those pickles look intruiging- and you canned them yourself! Red, huh? I am impressed.
Post a Comment