Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Be My Echo...and other fun stuff

Lately I can't stop thinking about that Sesame Street song, 'Be My Echo'. Mostly because that's what Clayton is. He has been repeating the things that Justin and I say to him. At first it was funny, but now it's just annoying - especially when he says it to Noah.
Here is my latest example:
The other day we were driving to dinner with friends after getting family pictures done. We decided to run home first and grab something and this did not sit well with Clayton. He demanded that we go to our friends house first. When I didn't respond he said (in his best "mom" voice):
Mom! What did I say! Tell me mom, what did I say!
At first Justin and I just laughed, but he was so serious! The funnier we found it, the angrier he got (understandably, I'd feel the same way). Oh boy, I can feel trouble coming!

On to the other fun stuff. Here are a few things we've been doing lately:
Pajama parties with friends (this is Enoch, he's only a few weeks older than Noah - they are SO cute when they play together)!
Being just like daddy. Justin was studying last night and, when Clayton saw that, he ran to his room to get his computer so that he could do what Justin was doing. I love that he wants to be so much like his daddy! Isn't imitation supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery!?!
Still trying to get the hang of sleeping in a "big boy" bed. It's been over a week now. Every night when I go to check on the boys before I go to bed I find Noah in some crazy sleeping position with some toy that is not supposed to be slept with (notice the car garage by his head).
I guess that it hasn't been the most exciting week around the Smith house, but we are sure having fun. The weather has, thankfully, warmed up a bit and the leaves are gorgeous. I am going to leave you all with a couple of pics of fall in Vermont (try not to be too jealous)! It is seriously gorgeous out here!!!
(Okay, so I didn't take these, but you get the idea. I know that there are some pretty colors out west, but you just don't get reds like this anywhere else!) Anyone want to come visit?


10 comments:

rychelle said...

too late, i'm already jealous! those pics are amazing.
(and your boys are as cute as ever!)

Kerstin said...

Landon does the same thing with repeating what we say to him, I feel you pain. I love Clayton's jacket in that picture, it is so cute! Also it does look very pretty out there, if we had another car and the money I would totally come to visit you. Landon was telling me today he wanted to go see "his" Clayton. I can't wait to see your family pictures!

Theresa said...

beautiful seasons there,.. what a funny kid. Your kids are so cute!

Rachel B. said...

What a crack up Clayton is! I hope you were able to repeat back everything he had just said to you. :) And oh dear for the toddler bed. I am dreading every bit of switching Reese. Good work though with getting him going on it. And man, yes it is beautiful out there. Wow!

Melissa said...

I can't wait for that phase... :) I loved the fall colors while we were back east! Connecticut was beautiful!!

Kara said...

I love it all! I can just hear you saying, "What did I say? Clayton tell me what I said." So cute Clayton got out his computer to be like Daddy! I love Noah's sleeping toy. I hope he doesn't lay on it. And finally I am jealous of those beautiful colors you have there. LUCKY!!!

Jen said...

When I have money for a vacation, can I PLEASE come visit you in the fall???? I love those colors! Wow. That makes the possibility of living back east look much better.

Ha, Clayton's such a punk. That's hilarious. Good luck with that guy. Did he put his hands on his hips when he said it?

Melody said...

I want color~ !! My kids dont know any color other than brown out here! That is gorgeous! I love Clayton and his echoing!

The Jones Fam said...

Those fall pictures really are beautiful! It reminds me of when I went to New York and New Jersey 2 years ago at this time. It was so pretty, you just don't experience that here in Vegas. I love the pic of Noah asleep in his big boy bed! I also think it's so cute that Clayton wants to be just like Justin!

Ellsworth Family said...

Love the pics!! Noah is looking so big, and super happy to be having a pajama party with his friend. I also love that Clayton is being an echo, I remember being in the hot tub in Vegas and you hitting Clayton's hand, and him tell you to "not hit" it was priceless!!