In the back part of our basement (the unfinished part) there is a large, old oil drum. It is empty now and we could have it removed, but it doesn't really get in our way and neither Justin or I want to pay to have it removed. So it just sits there - large and empty - in a dark corner of the basement. This oil drum, apparently, is the biggest robot threat in our house! Our washer and dryer are in the back of the basement relatively close to the oil drum and every time I go to change the laundry, Noah goes on the attack! He runs at the oil drum full speed screaming, "Hit! Kick! Hit! Kick!" (As he is yelling these things, he is actually hitting and kicking the oil drum with as much force as his little two year old body can manage.)
The first time he did this, I laughed at him and told him to stop. He looked at me with a very serious expression on his face (a look that says, 'Mom, what are you? Some kind of moron?') and said, "Robot Mom. Robot. Hit and kick." He then went back to beating up the robot. Once the robot had been beaten into submission, he proceeded to attack my washing machine. I had to stop him from attacking that particular robot, but he still glares at the washer and dryer when I do the laundry.
So Noah continues to beat up on the oil drum whenever I do laundry (it's the only robot I will let him attack) and I continue to laugh at him. The moral of this story is: DEMON ROBOTS BEWARE - if you come to my house, Noah WILL get you!!!!
Here is Noah attacking the oil drum:
Finally, this is for Anisha. She has been asking for a while now to see what I look like this time around. The answer...HUGE! Don't expect too many of these types of shots to appear. Maybe I'll post one more around 40 weeks (we'll have to see what the bloating situation is like).
13 comments:
That story is so funny, where do they come up with these things?? Also you look super cute, you have the perfect pregnant belly!
You should take a video of Noah hitting and kicking the oil drum!! Also, thanks for posting your belly, because now I know that you are not even big!! You look super cute pregnant, you should do this pregnancy thing more often, it suits you!!
Noah is a funny guy! That robot story is hilarious! Oh and by the way you might feel big but you look adorable!
Cute belly :) I think your kids are funnier than mine! I love to read the side part of your blog where you tell all the funny things your kids say!
first off you are gorgeous! Second, Noah, should be prepared.. I heard on the news robots were coming.. ok maybe it was on SPongebob.. but in his eyes, its all the same!
Noah is so creative! It is funny to see how differently kids understand things than we do and then how they play it out into reality. BTW, you look great!!
ahh you look beautiful ariane. He must have gotten the idea that we hit and kick robots from the auto pilot. He is kind of a bad robot. he must not associate wall-e and eve as robots but definitely knows that they fight against other robots. it always amazes me what kids pick up.
That is so funny!! You look great!! Do you like the Wall E show? Asher wants to watch it, but I haven't rented it yet...She loves having her gloves on. She wears them around the house too-even in the summer!
Yea, a pregnancy picture!!! You look adorable. What a beautiful pregnant woman.
I came out of WallE afraid (well, more afraid) of Twinkies because they could house Armageddon-surviing cockroaches. I guess we all have WallE issues. Although Noah's is fantastically adorable.
And that oil thingie is huge!
Really, how did equate robots with demons after that movie?? Too funny. I agree. A video of the attacks would be awesome! We got Wall-E for Christmas too and Brighton asks to watch it almost everyday. But he has a somewhat more pleasant view of them. In fact, we're thinking of throwing him a robot party for his second birthday. We'll be sure not to invite Noah. :)
I'm a little bit behind on blogging, but you are so cute! I've aways thought pregnant girls were darling. Too bad you don't feel that way when it's you. You really do look great though!
Your boys are so funny! Your belly is adorable...you look great!
Post a Comment