Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Good Day

A lot of things made me smile today. Starting with this little boy:
While Clayton was in school we went to Wal-Mart. Among our purchases was this laundry basket. Noah thought I bought it just for him. He was having such a good time with it that I let him play with it until we had to go get Clayton.
As I was putting laundry away I came across this shirt that my mom gave me for Christmas. It made me smile that a) this isn't a maternity shirt - hooray for the light at the end of the tunnel and b) she has this much faith in my weight loss abilities (love you mom):
I was crafty today. I saw these clip-holders once on someone's etsy shop and thought, 'I could make that'! Well, I did and I love it! It's functional and decorative!
I love sitting in the nursery, it's my new favorite room in the house. Doesn't this just make you anxious for a little peek inside? Well, hang in there, it's getting close to done and once it is - there will be pictures a-plenty!
Clayton got his Valentine cards ready for his class party on Thursday. His handwriting makes me smile. You can actually tell now that it says his name!
Finally, after dinner tonight, Clayton asked Justin if he could use his stethoscope. He wanted to be a doctor and listen to see if our hearts were 'beeping'.
At first he couldn't hear my heart and when Justin tried to correct him he said, "I'm the doctor, you let me listen!" (apparently Justin and I are medical marvels because neither of our hearts were 'beeping'). How could that not make you smile?
What a good day!!

8 comments:

Kerstin said...

Yea for good days!! Your boys are so cute! Also those clip holders are so cute, you need to make me some;). I can't wait to see the nursery pictures.

Melissa said...

I love these good days! It was good to talk to you yesterday. I'm hoping to get that in the mail tomorrow-I didn't take one step outside today! :)

Missy said...

What a nice day! I love the Sarah Jessica line of clothes. It is so nice to see a normal size!
Can't wait to see the nursery!

. said...

Ahhh...don't you love the nesting period when you're pregnant?!?! Your pregnancy seems to be going so fast!
The hair clips look great and I love the idea for hanging them!

Ellsworth Family said...

Love all the pics!! I especially love the hair clip hanger!! I never knew you were so crafty, I want to know how you made it so I can make it for one of my co-workers

The Jones Fam said...

I love the "beeping" the story! So cute! I also love all of the cute bows you have waiting for your baby girl. Do you guys have any names picked out yet?

Melody said...

My girls ALWAYS listen to our hearts with my stethoscope! they are so thrilled to play with all my equipment! Love the craftiness you got going on! And isnt mom amazing to think of you after pregnancy?!!! who does that??? Only MOMS!!!

Cherine said...

She has a lot of bows already! Sweet because seriously you can never have too many!!!