Sunday, November 15, 2009

All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a

CIRCUS!

This year Noah and Enoch had a joint birthday party. Enoch's birthday is at the beginning of the month and Noah's is at the end so we split the difference and had their party on Saturday. We went with a circus theme and I have to say, it was perfect! Missy and I had been planning this party for weeks and even though we were definitely ready, I was a little nervous about having a party with 7 rambunctious three-year-olds. However, it went off without a hitch!

When the party guests first arrived, we decorated hats and gave each kid a clown nose and a bow-tie (although the noses and bowties weren't too popular). The hat decorating was a big success though and while the hat decorating was going on Missy started painting the faces of the kids who wanted it. They were SO CUTE!
This little tiger and flower were adorable. They were the only girls at the party, but they had NO PROBLEM hanging with the boys!
Enoch as a butterfly.
Noah was also a butterfly. It did kind of make me laugh that these boys wanted to be butterflies.
Once everyone who wanted face paint was painted, we started the circus games! The first game was "training seals". The kids had to be seals who were training to perform at the circus. They had to train by jumping through hula hoops. Lots of running and jumping. Nice!
I love this action shot!
After the seals were properly trained, they found out that the circus lion was really hungry. In order to keep him from eating little children, they needed to feed him. The kids were going bonkers over this game and there were a couple of those kiddos with amazing arms!
Once the lion was good and fed (and no danger to any partygoers) it was time to walk the tightrope. The kids were so funny on the tightrope. My favorite thing about it was how much they all wanted each other to succeed. They were rooting each other on, holding hands, helping up their friends who had fallen, etc. It was pretty sweet to watch.
I didn't realize how difficult it would be to balance on a few two-by-fours, but it was certainly challanging for these kids. They were amazing though and kept going, turn after turn! So fun!

After they were tightrope proficient, it was time to 'pin the nose on the elephant'. Missy painted both the lion and the elephant. Isn't she talented!?!

Then, for the last activity before lunch, the kids had a 'clown race'. We brought a few pairs of Justin and Chase's shoes and let the kids race around in them. Hilarious. The best was Carter in Chase's cowboy boots. Awesome!
By this point the kids were starting to get hungry (perfect timing). Noah had started to melt down (just a little though) and was hiding out under the table waiting for lunch.
Lunch was a corndog, some pretzels, and some fruits and veggies. To drink - lemonade mix, grape juice mix, orange juice mix, a little bit of water, and a twizzler for the straw. The drink was pretty gross to me, but the kids (obviously) really liked it!
Then it was time for presents. All their friends were really generous. The boys got some great stuff. Thanks everyone!

As the parents started showing up it was time for cake and ice cream. Perfect timing! These boys were so excited about blowing out their candles. I love how excited kids get to do the smallest things!
We put six candles on the cake. Three for each boy. (Just in case you were wondering.)

It was a great party and (I think) all the kids had a great time. I know I did! I know that he hasn't had his birthday yet, but I can't believe my Noah is almost three! We struggle a little together, he and I. He's trying to so hard to be independent, but I want to keep him my baby just a while longer. Is that too much to ask!?! I do love my Noah and I'm glad he had such a fun birthday party. Thanks Missy, for doing it with me. It was a really great day!
Just a few last pictures of my birthday boy. He is now using his birthday as an excuse to try to get away with things. For example, the night after his party he and Clayton were fighting over a toy. I heard Noah screaming at Clayton, "You have to give me what I want - it's my birthday!" Oh boy, trouble!! Love you Pootie!
The birthday boys. We kept trying to get a shot of them together and I think this was the best we got.
The cake was so delicious.
Happy early birthday kiddo!

8 comments:

Cherine said...

What a cute idea! I love all the little games they played. Happy Birthday Noah!

The Cobells said...

That was such a cute party. Carter had a blast! I wish I could have seen Carter in the boots.

Kerstin said...

What a great idea for a party! It looks like the party was a hit and the kids had tons of fun. I can't believe that in a couple weeks Noah will be three. I am glad he had such a fun party!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for inviting Ethan. It was so fun for him and he still talks about it all the time. And it was a super cool party!!

Ellsworth Family said...

Happy early birthday Noah!!!!! It looks like the party was a huge success, I am sad that I was not invited!

The Jones Fam said...

What a fun theme! I love the face painting and the cake! It seems like a huge success!

Melody said...

Happy Day to NOAH!! Coolest party ever!

Rachel B. said...

What a fun and great idea! And I also love the idea of doing the party with a friend. That would definitely help with the stress level. What a fun day for the boys, it looks like they loved it!