At the checkout, the cashier gave Clayton a balloon and a birthday crown and a membership to the birthday club. (I think we could have left without purchasing anything and Clayton would have been completely satisfied.)
On Clayton's actual birthday, he came down the stairs wearing his birthday crown. We then had the traditional birthday breakfast of muffins and scrambled eggs (since I've been married to Justin I've gotten very lazy in the breakfast making department - but at this point, my boys know that muffins and eggs is very special.)There were, in staying with tradition, gifts with breakfast. It was obvious from the beginning that Clayton knew exactly what the day was about.
After breakfast, Clayton got to wear his new birthday shirt. I usually just draw on the shirts with marker, but this year I decided that I'd try sewing a shirt instead. I really like how it turned out (even though it took a lot longer than drawing).
That afternoon, we picked up Landon and I took the boys to Chuck E Cheese. All three of the boys were estatic. I love it when I choose just the perfect activity. My friend Natalie was kind enough to watch Josie for me for the afternoon, so I actually got to enjoy our time at Chuck E Cheese as well!

There were, of course, more presents with lunch.
Love all three of these boys! **Side note - I didn't pay to do the "party package" that Chuck E Cheese offers, however, when we got there and they heard it was Clayton's birthday, they gave him the same stuff that they give the kids whose parents pay for the package. It was awesome and I got out of there for less than $30! You can't beat that!
After Chuck E Cheese we headed back home and watched Toy Story 2 (one of Clayton's birthday gifts). That evening for dinner we had mac 'n' cheese and hot dogs (guess who chose the menu). We ended the celebrations with Jared and Kerstin and the kids coming over for cake and ice cream.The cake (to go with our unofficial Toy Story theme):
He had been waiting literally all day to blow out birthday candles. I love this look on his face when he finally gets to do it!
His new birthday gifts. He made me write his name on the bottoms of their shoes just like in the movies. Cute.
He had a great birthday and I love that we got to pull out all of our traditions. I also love that it doesn't take much to make this kid happy. I still can't believe my baby is six years old. Happy birthday buddy, you can start counting down to your next birthday now!
1 comment:
The shirt is so cute! You did a great job, and it's so fun you sewed it.
Your birthday traditions are really cool. I especially like the Toys R Us idea.
Post a Comment