For the most part, I feel pretty good. This has been my easiest pregnancy yet (physically). I am uncomfortable, but it's managable most of the time and I still feel pretty active and spry for someone in my condition. I'm still exercising fairly regularly (although the intensity has dropped way off); I ran a 5k about a month ago (and I'm super proud of it). Also, this is my smallest pregnancy. I have gained the least amount of weight so far. I think this is why it's so hard for me to hear people constantly comment on how big I am, how uncomfortable I look, and ask if I'm sure it's not twins. No pregnant lady ever likes to hear that, but especially not one who feels pretty dang good. Although I will admit that some days I do feel like this:That has to be one of my favorite pregnancy clips ever (from one of the best shows ever). In other pregnancy related news, at my last appointment (a week and a half ago) the baby was measuring two weeks ahead - which is awesome considering, like I said, that this is my smallest pregnancy. If the baby is still measuring two weeks ahead at my next appointment (Friday) they'll do an ultrasound to see if this baby may just show up early!! I've NEVER had a baby show up early so I'm sort of hoping that this will be true - although I seriously doubt it will happen. The boys are excited about the baby, when they remember. I said something the other day about what will happen when the baby comes and Clayton looked at me, very innocently, and said, 'What baby?'. Boys. Josie is a pretty possessive little thing and so I'm slightly worried about how she's going to handle the newcomer (I'm open to suggestions for helping her prepare). She loves all things baby, but not when they involve me holding one over her. Still no name for our little lady, we're still calling her Samphiezzie. I'm not going to tell you what three names we combined to come up with that, but you are welcome to guess. I'm curious what you think they are (no guessing if you already know). Basically, that's it. We are just trying to keep busy and out of trouble this summer. I'm trying to give the kids lots of adventures this summer because the odds are that next summer won't be as fun (I'm not sure how many adventures I'll be up for with four kids). There you have it. 33 weeks down, 7 to go. Ready or not!
**In Pootie-related news, his face is completely back to normal (well, his eyes are super dry and a little red, but no more puffiness). He is almost done with his round of steroids, thank goodness. Those steroids do a number on him, he literally cannot sit still. I don't think there is any activity available that can help him release all of his energy right now, it's a little draining and frustrating, but we're almost done!**
3 comments:
Samantha, Sophie, and Lizzie? I'm sure I'm wrong. You look DARLING! Seriously. I'm so glad you're feeling so well. And the baby's measuring big?! Awesome! Love the "what baby?" comment. Too funny.
Love that clip! (and that show!)
You have seven weeks to go and I'm seven weeks behind you (exactly) :)
This heat is crazy--especially for pregnant women! :) Hope all is well and that you're handling 3 kids and the heat/humidity well! :)
I am super impressed you have been running so much so far into your pregnancy! (I wish I could say the same for myself. :) That video is pretty funny too! Good luck with the last stretch! I hope all goes well and that your labor and delivery goes how you'd like.
Post a Comment