This is Sammie the day we brought her home from the hospital. She still has that red, puffy 'just out of the womb' face.
Sammie at one month. She has zero control of her hands, but she's trying desperately to catch one.
Sammie at two months. A little more alert, starting to give us her gorgeous smiles.
Sammie at (almost) 3 months. She's almost got those hands under control. She can't really grab objects intentionally yet but she can get those fingers into her mouth with increasing accuracy. She's started rejecting the pacifier. I love it. I also love that she seems to prefer the 'rock star' method of finger sucking as opposed to thumb sucking. She may eventually go with the thumb, but for now I love this!
We're starting to be more consistent with tummy time (I figure I should start giving her opportunities to learn to roll over).
Tummy time usually starts out pretty fun, but always ends the same way...
Officially three months!
Sammie is such a sweet baby. She's starting to get a little more demanding now. She requires more of my attention lately. I think it's because she's starting to notice more of what's going on around her and she wants to be part of it (I can't blame her). She is still easily soothed though. All one of the other kids has to do is sit by her and talk to her and she calms right down. It's lovely.
Her smiles are getting easier and easier to come by. You'd never know that when I was taking these pictures she was in the middle of a major fussy moment.
She's also starting to get delightfully plump. I was comparing the three month pictures I took today with some of her two month ones and I definitely notice a difference. She's really filling out. I love to squeeze her chunky baby thighs and kiss those fat cheeks. Yum!
Some Sammie facts: her nicknames are - Sam, Sammich, and Sam-Sam, she loves having people up in her face, she loves when you make fish faces to her (they get a smile every time), she has one good bouncing leg - when I put her in the bouncy seat she gets her left leg going and bounces herself really well), she has started cooing more often, she's a little bit ticklish but hasn't laughed out loud yet (just big silent open mouth grins and gasping), she's rolled completely over once about a month ago - she does a lot of rolling on to her side but just can't seem to get all the way over yet, and she is starting to attempt to grab things (she's very rarely successful, but I can tell that she's trying every now and then).
She usually has that right hand up by her face. No matter what she's doing, that hand is right there. It makes her look like she's constantly posing for a Glamour Shot (remember those?).
Sleepy Sammie. I scored with this baby. She's the best sleeper of any baby ever. I swear. She doesn't need to be rocked to sleep or anything. At night I've started putting her to bed before she's fully asleep and she's never cried. No lie. Not once. I think that she's only woken up in the middle of the night a handful of times since she was born. I wake her up at 5:45 every morning to feed her (it's necessary for my day) but she always goes right back down no problems. I figure, even if everything else with my day goes down the toilet, the fact that I can count on her to sleep at night saves me.
This little girl is a gem for sure. We sure were blessed when we were given Sammie. She's growing so fast and as much as I'm trying to treasure it I feel like it's just slipping by. Things I'm looking forward to in the coming months: hearing her first laughs, watching her become more interactive with her brothers and sister, watching her roll over (yes, it's time, I can look forward to it now), and seeing her gain more core strength in the Bumbo (she's getting better, but she still kind of shlumps to one side in there).
We love you Sammie!

1 comment:
Awww, she's such a cutie! How wonderful she is such a great sleeper. What a great fourth child. I love her little smiles on that chunky face.
Post a Comment