Thursday, May 24, 2012

10 Years!

It's been 10 years since Justin and I did this:
In some ways it seems that the time has just flown by. I think to myself, '10 years? No way, we just got married!'. In other ways though, it seems like we've been married forever and some days I have a hard time remembering what life was like before I was Mrs. Justin Smith. Either way, our 10 year anniversary is here.

Here are a few stats from the last 10 years:
We've moved four times.
We've owned three houses.
We've owned four cars.
We've lived in three states (four if you count Utah - where we met)
We've gotten three college degrees (me - M.Ed. from UNLV, Justin - B.S. from UNLV and M.D. from UVM)
We've had two pets (one guinnea pig named Frankie that had babies shortly after we got her - she was too much work, she didn't last long with us and our boy Disco who is wild and crazy but we can't help but love him!)
We've had four of the most amazing, smart, funny, and attractive children ever!

My top ten favorite moments:
1. Wedding day (duh)
2. Clayton's birth (a.k.a. - the day our lives changed forever)
3. Sitting at a little mexican restraunt in Vegas (I think it's gone now, I can't even remember the name) and deciding that we were going to move to Vermont for medical school.
4. Noah's birth
5. Josie's birth
6. Match day (so exciting)
7. Road trip to Indiana to house hunt (just the two of us - I LOVE road tripping with just Justin, it's one of my favorite things)
8. Justin's med school graduation (I can't remember ever being more proud of anyone ever)
9. Our vacation to Mexico last year
10. Sammie's birth
(**of course there are many, many more favorite moments, but here's my top ten in a nutshell**)

Of course it hasn't all been kittens and rainbows; we've had some rough times over the past ten years but the happy times outnumber the bad times, the laughter outnumbers the tears, the fun outweighs the fights, and the love overcomes everything. Happy anniversary Justin, I'm really blessed to have you! It's been a wonderful ten years. I cannot wait to see what we do with the next ten! I love you! 
(Our honeymoon in Mexico, WOW - we look sooooo young!)

4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Ohhh, so cute! I love the "kittens and rainbows" line. You guys are adorable. Happy anniversary!

(I also love all your house changes below. So fun and I'm a bit jealous! What I would give for new carpet!)

Mrs. Vanna Z said...

I can't believe it!!! You do look so young, because you were! Y'all are old now! ;)

I wanna see a 10 year picture of you together!

Missy said...

Agreed, V. Seriously young! You look like those hoodlums I see walking around on college campuses . . . wait . . . you WERE those hoodlums on a college campus! How old WERE you guys when you got married? Like 16? j/k

Missy said...

P.S. Justin: The highlights in your hair made all the difference on wedding day, I can see how happy you were to have them.