Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I just blinked...

(**warning: this is a long post - lots of photos. it may be a cuteness overload. if you have no interest in a cuteness overload today, then I suggest you wait until you're feeling a little blue and then read this post. photos of my darling Sammie always cheer me up.**)
and this precious baby:

 became this adorable one year old:
At one year old Sammie:
-is completely weaned off the bottle
-eats just about anything we give her (no picky eater here)
-can drink out of a sippy cup
-can army crawl really well (she's fast)
-is beginning to crawl more on hands and knees
-can stand by herself for a short period of time
-will pull up (mostly to her knees, but sometimes to her feet)
-LOVES to laugh at her siblings when they are running around crazy around here (it happens a lot thankfully)
-still sleeps amazingly well (takes 1-2 naps a day and goes to bed from 7-7)
-has 1 word for sure (dada) and I *think* she's starting to say mama (yay) and baba (banana)
-her favorite foods are avacado, banana, mac 'n' cheese, and milk
-she's a daredevil, she loves to be thrown, spun, and dipped around
-she only cries for 3 reasons: she's tired, she's hungry, she's lonely. That's it.
-she loves Disco and will follow him all around the house (I don't think Disco loves it so much, but thankfully he's really tolerant of her)
-she has a very sweet and happy personality and I can't imagine our family without her

So let's take a look at how Sammie has grown over the course of this year:
1 day old:
 1 month old:

2 months old:
3 months old:
Can you stand how cute that sad face is!?! (She hated tummy time!)
 She still does the rock star finger sucking. It's a new thing for us, but I love it!

4 months old:
Love that smile!
5 months old:


6 months old:


7 months old:


8 months old:


9 months old:

10 months old:

 11 months old:


1 YEAR OLD:
Good morning birthday girl!
So happy on her birthday (see her 4 very cute teeth)!
Ready to have a birthday breakfast!
Dressed in her birthday finest!
Showing off her mad standing skills.


This year has flown by for me and I can't believe you're already 1! I'm not ready for all this growing up you're doing, but I'm loving who you are becoming. So Happy Birthday Samantha! I love you to the moon and back!

(**as always, the wonderful professional looking photos are my SIL Kerstin's handiwork. She's really good.**)

4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Oh she is just darling! Her chubby little cheeks kill me. Too cute! That outfit in those last photos is adorable...makes me want to have another girl!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Happy Birthday Sammie!!!! You are the 2nd cutest one year old I know ;).

She is such a beautiful and happy child.

Kerstin said...

I hope Sammie's first birthday was awesome! She is so cute!

Stephanie said...

She is a doll in every month. Oh my goodness, those last pictures are gorgeous!