Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sammie's Birthday (a.k.a. 'some of my favorite pictures EVER')

I'm going to keep it short and sweet. Sammie's birthday was fun. Muffins for breakfast, a few presents throughout the day, mac 'n' cheese for dinner, and CAKE! Here are the pictures (and yes, they're awesome)!

Don't try to take her milk. Trust me. She's got a kung fu death grip on it anyway.
Mmmm, mac 'n' cheese. This girly can out eat her sisters and go noodle for noodle with her brothers. She knows how to pack it away!
 Not sure what to think about this cake with this candle in it.
Are you ready for the funniest picture ever? (Anisha, I think it's right up there with the 'Max shoving cheese in his mouth' picture.) I laugh so hard every time:
Cake coma:
 Must. Eat. It. All. At. Once.
 I love cake!
 All done!
The weekend after her birthday we had a little party for her. Nothing big or fancy, we just invited a few of her little "friends" over and had a barbeque and some more cake.
Opening presents:

She loves this little dog. I love that it has a hidden "off" switch (even Clayton and Noah don't realize it's there - tricky tricky - I love that)!!
 Here comes the smash cake:
 For a girl who LOVES to eat, she was a little dainty with that cake.

 "Here Mama, want some?"
 That's better:
 Nope, now she's done and trying to get away:
Not sure what's going on here but cousin Levi loves Sammie. It's cute. However, sometimes love from a two year old is a little bit like a full contact sport (not in this picture, but in general).
 "Hi!" (**Side note: How is it that Kerstin and I can use the exact same camera and her pictures still turn out way better than mine!?! I'm calling "not fair"!)
After that, we were pretty much done. It was past Sammie's bedtime (not to mention being past the bedtime of her "friends") so the party broke up pretty soon after cake. It was fun though and I'm glad that we got to celebrate a year of Sammie. This little girl lights up our lives and makes us smile every single day. We sure do love her. And, just one more time, here's the best picture ever (you're welcome):

1 comment:

Loupe and Aaron said...

The cake coma is fantastic. I love the buzzed look in her eyes. She is so cute and chunky you can't but help smile at her pictures. Happy birthday Sammie!