Thursday, August 15, 2013

9!

Clayton was a lucky duck and got to spend his birthday in Vegas. When I'd asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday he had a whole list! He wanted to swim, light fireworks, slip 'n' slide, eat pizza, open presents, and play with his presents. There may have been other stuff in there, but I forgot (nor did I remember to take a picture of his 'birthday schedule' where everything was all timed out down to the minute - this boy man of mine is hilarious).

Tradition is tradition, so even though we weren't at our house, we still had muffins and eggs...

...and a little birthday shirt action:
Then there were a few presents...


...and swimming!
Where he opened even more presents:



When swimming had worn us out, we headed back to Grammy and Opa's for some nap/quiet time while Clayton got to play with his presents. There was definitely a gift giving theme this year: building. He got a lot of legos/k'nex this year.
 
After quiet time it was slip 'n' slide time followed by pizza for dinner.
Then it was time for cake:
 Making a wish:

 Followed by even more presents (holy cow, what a lucky kid)!
Then it was back to the yard for fireworks in pajamas (my firework pictures are less than stellar, which is why there aren't many):

 I sure do love this 9 year old of mine.
 Here are 9 facts about 9 year old Clayton:
1. Nutella is his favorite food. He'd eat it on anything.
2. His favorite sport is basketball. He loves to play.
3. He loves to go for bike rides on his new BMX bike (a belated birthday gift from Justin and me).
4. Right now his best friends are Noah, Landon, and Nile (a neighbor kid).
5. He is still the sweetest, most innocent, naïve (in a good way) kid ever. He's maturing every day but I love that he's still my little boy in a lot of important ways.
6. He's outgoing. He loves making friends and meeting new people.
7. He's a bit jaded about school now that he's going to be a big bad 4th grader. Quick story: I asked the boys if they were excited to start school. Noah quickly answered, "Yes!" to which Clayton replied, "Why? It's just school.". Sigh.
8. He's helpful and obedient. I know he doesn't love chores but he does them when I ask (almost always the first time). He likes being relied on and I love being able to rely on him!
9. He's an amazing older brother. He fits the role perfectly. The other kids naturally gravitate to him. He loves to play with them and isn't embarrassed to be out playing with them in public. I hope this never changes.
Clayton, you are the best firstborn a mother could ask for. We do have our moments (both of us), but I love you way more now than I did when you were born (and I was crazy in love with you then - so that says something) and I'm so glad that I get to watch you grow up and see the person you're turning out to be. I really love him! I think you're awesome in so many different ways and I am so blessed to be your mom! Love you C! Happy birthday!

**Next year he'll be 10! I'm mentally preparing for that now.**

No comments: