Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Fun!

We had a busy weekend!
Friday: ward party! I love ward parties. My kids get to run around while all the grandparents in the ward watch them and cater to them. We also have a man in our ward who looks like Santa. Seriously, it was the first thing I noticed about him when we moved into this ward. So of course he was Santa for the kids! As I said before, Clayton loves Santa this year. The ward party was no exception. This time, however, he knew that Santa would be giving him a present so he was a little antsy. He wouldn't tell Santa what he wanted, he just kept eyeballing the candy. Santa gave the kids candy canes and CTR rings this year. Clayton loved his ring. I thought that was a great idea! Noah was still indifferent. He just stared at Santa as if to say, "What do you want from me?". It was cute.
This is Clayton with Santa. He isn't looking at Santa, he is looking at the basket of treats next to Santa. He definitely understands what Santa is all about this year!

Here is Noah with Santa. The picture is a little dark, but I think it is really cute!

Saturday: baking Christmas cookies! I baked ALL DAY! I tried to blitz it this year and I am so glad I did because now I am done baking!! Yay! I made sugar cookies, hazelnut crescents, and chocolate candy cane cookies. They all turned out so yummy, it was hard to put them on plates and give them away. Clayton helped me do sugar cookies this year. I have been waiting for the day when my kids would want to help me decorate sugar cookies! It was so much fun! He had a great time decorating his cookies and they turned out so cute! He mostly used M&M's on his cookies. (He called them beans). He kept saying, "One bean on the cookie, one bean for Clayton to eat!". I tried to explain to him that we can't put our hands in our mouths and then touch the cookies (this is a hard concept for a three year old). He did great though! I loved doing this with him, it made it even more festive and fun!
Here he is cutting out his cookies! (Check out the CTR ring.)

He was such a great decorator!

The finished product!

Sunday: primary program! Justin and I teach primary and we have been practicing for our program for weeks! Our program was a little late in the year, but it was worth the wait! Our kids did so well, they brought a wonderful spirit and made me so grateful that I get to be their teacher. I don't have any pictures or anything (obviously), but it was an amazing program!

So that was our busy weekend. It was full of food, fun, and friends! It was a great weekend (but I am a little glad that it is over)!

5 comments:

Kerstin said...

Fun, fun,fun. We have our ward party on Saturday and we are going to make sugar cookies sometime this weekend (we have to bring 2 dozen to the ward party). I hope that Landon has as much fun decorating the cookies as Clayton did. I love Primary Program sunday it is my faovrite. I can't believe Clayton is going to be in Sunbeams in a few weeks, he is getting so big! Oh and that picture of Noah in the dryer is so cute :)

Ellsworth Family said...

Yummy!! Your cookies look much better than the ones that I made, those people in Vermont that get your goodie plates are lucky lucky ducks!!
Oh, and I love the CTR ring that Claytom is wearing, he looks so grown up!! Maybe for Christmas I will get him a CTR necklace to match (your welcome Justin)!!

Cherine said...

Fun weekend!!! My ward party is this weekend. Dec is full of ward parties. I wonder how peopled getting married who in Dec who want to book the gym can ever do it? Our chapel is always bumpen!

P.S Yummy cookies. I am impressed with CLaytons patience and skills with those cookies at three years old. Michael would just be crazy. Maybe next year.

The Jones Fam said...

You're right, that man totally looks like Santa. I bet he gets asked to do a lot of parties! I got so hungry just reading your blog and looking at the pictures.....I may need to go bake some cookies. Thanks for the help with changing my blog layout!

Vanessa said...

Noah+Dryer=Awesome.