Friday, August 1, 2008

Superman

I had briefly mentioned before that my boys have recently discovered the wonderful world of superheroes. I thought that I needed to dedicate a post to it because it is so funny (and very manly)! Clayton and I now play games where he is Superman and I am the villian and he has to neutralize me. (Someday I am going to have to explain to him that I should be the beautiful damsal in distress.) It's a fun game, but I'm a little sick of always being the bad guy (plus Clayton gets a little too into it sometimes)!! Noah especially loves the cape-wearing aspect of being a superhero. He wears that cape almost everywhere - playgroups, McDonalds, the grocery store, Wal-Mart, you name it Noah has been there with a cape! I probably could attempt to take it off of him when we go places, but it's cute and it isn't hurting anyone so I let it go. Anyway, here are some cute pictures of my own personal superheroes (every girl should be so lucky)!!!

This is Clayton's "Superman stance". He will also sing his own theme song when he enters the room (the first time he did it I almost passed out from laughing)!
Here are several of Noah, he is much more into the cape-wearing than Clayton is.
This would be his 'get out of my way when I'm trying to watch cartoons' pose.

This picture is my favorite (if you ignore the mess in the background - which I do)! Something about little kids running around in diapers always makes me smile a little, but when you add a cape to that - priceless!
I am lucky to have such adorable heroes! Just the other day I was saved from an imminent dinosaur attack! I love my little Dynamic Duo! Now if only we could hone their "super sharing" powers...

9 comments:

Ellsworth Family said...

Super cute!! I absolutley LOVE the capes, you should get a video of Clayton singing his theme song and post!

Melissa said...

That is so cute! Great party by the way! Way creative!!

Melody said...

Ariane, those two little boys make me want to come through the computer screen, grab them, kiss their cheeks and take my own bed sheets and play a super hero game with them! I of course would be nothing to their unstoppable cute powers but I got some wrinkly powers they have yet to learn!

Cherine said...

That is so cute! And yes VERY manly!

. said...

Too adorable! What cute, creative kids you have and what an amazing mom to plan such a fabulous birthday party.

Kerstin said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I agree with Anisha I'd love to see a video of Clayton singing his theme song!

Loupe and Aaron said...

That is fantastic he has a theme song. Your kids are so cute. Wouldn't it be great if we all had our own theme songs?

The Jones Fam said...

Super cute idea on Claytons b-day party. I also think you did an awesome job on the cake! I can't wait for the "SuperHero" stage when Jett gets older. I have many nephews who have slept in their capes! (velcro, not tie, so no one thinks they were going to choke!)

The Bryner Bunch said...

Such cute little superheros! They are so imaginative and so is their mommy:) Cute post and pics!