Before:
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Ready, Set, Grow!
It seems like Clayton has grown years over the past few weeks. He is maturing and learning and growing every day as we prepare him for kindergarten. It pulls at my heartstrings that my baby boy is getting ready to make such a big step (and isn't a baby at all anymore). It really hit me hard today though. I took him to Supercuts for his new "kindergarten" haircut and in a matter of mere minutes he went from a preschool-aged boy to a kindergarten-ready manchild. You can see the proof for yourself!
Before:
After:
Holy smokes! Is he the most handsome kid you've ever seen or what!?! School out here doesn't start until next Wednesday so I've been reading everyone else's blogs and hearing what you all have to say about your kids going back to school and I have to say that I'm very impressed. I think I've cried at least once a day for the past two weeks. I know I'm going to be a wreck next week! Kindergarten out here is full day and, while I know that he's definitely ready, I don't know that I am. I'm going to miss having my buddy around all day. He's such a great help to me and a great friend to Noah and Josie. Fortunately, he's very excited to go and has been counting down the days for a few weeks now - if he was hesitant, I think that would make me even worse! Man, I'm going to miss this kid!
Before:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oohhh, he does look so handsome! What a cutie. All day kindergarten? I think some schools have it out here, but definitely not a lot. That partly sounds SOOOO nice and partly sounds like it would be really hard. Good luck momma!
Speaking of "mommas". I saw your mom a couple Sundays ago in my parents home ward. She was there for Baron's farewell. She is so cute!
He is a cute little boy and it is amazing how fast they grow! I still can't believe that Wade is in Kindergarten too...so crazy!
Looks like you guys have been having a fun summer and your kids are growing like little weeds!
You look great and I love your haircut!
What a handsome man child!! I am so excited that he is starting kindergaten, and even more excited that he got such a great haircut!! Good luck Air!
What a difference a haircut makes! He looks terrific and will love kindergarten!
I LOVE the haircut!!He looks so grown up (which is kinda sad) but so cute!!
I feel the same way! I chocked up when Goldy walked into class the first time! Plus, getting BTW, he really did look older in the different pics! And handsome, he looks like you. Wish our kids were in the same class! So where are you guys going after Vermont? Have you heard of Fort Collins, CO? There's a doctor in our ward doing residency here! This place is amazing!
Just reading through your previous posts, Storyland looks like so much fun! Also, Claytons hair looks adorable, and very grown up :)
He does look so much older with that haircut! Good luck with back to school stuff.
It is going to be hard! We are all day too and you will feel so strange having him away, BUT it DOES get easier--I promise.
As you know the days go by really fast and when they love it so much (as I am sure Clayton will), you are happy and excited for them too :).
Good luck on Wednesday!
P.S. He does look so HANDSOME!! Love the haircut!
Happy Kindergarten! I would love to send you my books to enjoy: Let's Get Ready For Kindergarten! & Let's Get Ready For First Grade! Email me at Stacey@cedarvalleypublishing.com with an address and I will drop them in the mail. WOO HOO!
Smiles - Stacey
www.cedarvalleypublishing.com
Post a Comment