So here are the updates:
First, Justin. He's finishing up his outpatient family medicine rotation. This rotation is just another confirmation to him that family medicine is really what he wants to do. He's so passionate about it. I love that. He also has all of his residency interviews set up. He got requests for several but he's only going to interview in 5 places. He has 4 interviews in November and 1 in December. In November, he has one interview in Muncie, Indiana, two in South Bend, Indiana (which is where we're really hoping to end up) and one in Ogden, Utah. In December he has one in Boise, Idaho. All 5 of the programs are really good so I know that we'll be happy no matter which one we end up with. Besides, Justin rocks. I'm sure that once they meet him, they're ALL going to want him!
Me. My phone broke. I realize this isn't too interesting, but I have no idea why it broke. I didn't do anything to it. I opened it one day and it just broke in my hand. It still worked though so I was super ghetto using it until I got my new phone.


Josie got a Bumbo! Well, we're borrowing one. She looks so cute sitting in it. This is the first day we got it so she's gotten better at sitting in it since this picture, but she looks so big and cute!

Clayton has started soccer. They don't do league soccer out here for kids Clayton's age - which makes me sad - but they do something called Kinderpro soccer. Basically it's a bunch of kindergarteners who spend 20 minutes every Saturday learning basic soccer skills and then spend 40 minutes scrimmaging other kindergarten teams. Clayton is on the blue team. He loves going to soccer. The first game was a little rough for him (he's a perfectionist so it was rough when he wasn't doing as well as he thought he should be) but his second game was great! He got right in there and did what he'd been taught. I'm so proud of how hard he tries and how well he's doing!
This is his first "game". It's cute, there are just as many dads on the field as there are boys. Obviously they don't keep score, but even if they did - I don't think either team scored.


The second "game". Clayton was much more aggressive. He's one of the smallest kids on the team but he works so hard. I'm so proud of him!

I don't know what face he's pulling here, but I love it - he's seriously so funny!

Clayton's good friend Vihit is on his team. He actually knows quite a few of the boys from school.

In true kid style, it's more like 'clump' ball then soccer, but still fun to watch.

Finally, Noah! Potty training has been a big success! Hooray! We are currently 3 days accident free and (my favorite thing) he's started taking care of business all by himself! I'm hoping that in a few more weeks we'll be completely done with the potty 'training'! We had a rough couple of days at the beginning but things have been getting better and so I'm a happy camper right now! We are also night training him as well - that's a completely different frustration but he's even doing well with that. He has accidents every once in a while at night but he wakes up dry more often than not. I'm really proud of my Noah Boah Man!

So that's what we've been up to lately around the Smith house. I realize it's not the most exciting stuff, but we're just loving our life right now and enjoying the beginnings of our beautiful (and last) Vermont fall!
8 comments:
Yeah that Noah is potty trained, his diapers were NASTY!! Also, Ben and Clayton will have to play a game of soccer together, I am sure that Clayton could teach him a few things! And as always, Jossie is just as cute as ever, I love her big blue eyes
You have the cutest little family -- that picture of Josie is adorable! Congratulations on the potty training. That's a huge milestone in a young mom's life.
And I totally had the same experience with that exact phone. It randomly broke one day when I opened it up. I couldn't believe it. Stupid LG. :(
Soccer looks like a lot of fun! Clayton looks so cute playing.
I am glad the potty training is going well. Yeah for having only one kid in diapers!
Hey , how did you potty train Noah, it seems different from potty training a girl? I still need to train Max, he's almost 3 and I haven't even tried yet! I need some advise!
Thanks for the update! I hope that you guys end up where you want to go.
It seems like you potty trained Noah FAST! Way to go! Now I feel guilty for putting it off:) You have motivated me, thanks!
Claytons face is priceless, hahaha I love it!! Josie looks so big, I need to come out ASAP...try to convince Nish we should come out in november.
XOXO
That is so exciting about Justin. I can't wait to hear where you guys end up.
Little Noah is a champ. Good to hear he has done so well. What a relief!
Good luck to both of you during interviews. It is an intense time! We will keep our fingers crossed for South Bend!
Post a Comment