Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Halls are Decked!

The Saturday after Christmas, we decided it was about time to get the Christmas decorations up. I usually like to do this the day after Thanksgiving, but this year we were a day late so I was pretty desperate to get my house all decked out. I love it when my home is all decorated. I think it looks so special and beautiful. I love my living room when it's lit up by the lights of the tree. I also love unwrapping our ornaments. Every year for Christmas Eve, each person gets a new ornament that represents something that happened that year. Now that the boys each have several ornaments, it was really fun to look back and remember why we chose what we chose.

This year it was a little rough with Clayton wanting to help, Noah wanting to play with/touch everything we got out, and Josie scooting everywhere. We got it done though and, miraculously, nothing broke!

Noah putting the star on top of the tree. I was expecting the boys to fight over this honor, but Justin told the boys that one could put the star on top and the other one could light the tree for the first time. Each boy got what he wanted. Crisis averted. Good call Justin!
A few hours after we'd finished I noticed Clayton and Noah in the living room admiring the decorations.
The boys in front of the tree.
These are from the next day. Noah was being unusually cooperative so I took some pictures of him. So of course Clayton insisted that I get some of him and Josie too!
I'm slightly embarrassed of how long Clayton's hair is here. He has since gotten a haircut! Other than that though, I think he's so handsome.
Noah looks like such a tough guy in this picture. He's got a bruise on his head and everything!
This little girl is always cute! I think I could spend all day dressing her up in different outfits and taking her picture. She's so photogenic and smiley!
I thought I'd try to get one of all three of them together. This is the best I got. The boys are smiling and Josie's not crying so I'm counting it as a win!
So now we're ready for Christmas. I love this time of year! The music, the decorations, the food, the parties, the way that people are (typically) so much kinder to one another. This is such a great season - I'm glad it's finally here!

6 comments:

Cherine said...

I remember seeing your house last year during Christmas time. It was so pretty and I loved where your tree was. It is crazy to think it was last year you were pregnant with Josie and I am about where you were this time last year. Glad you decked your halls. Hope you have a great season!!!

Jen said...

Noah putting the star on top is adorable! How fun you have the tree up. This is such a magical time of year, especially for kids (and I'd imagine with kids who understand) so it's nice you make it fun and magical for them, too. Josie is so cute in purple! I love her "psh, yeah?" face in the last picture. And Clayton's hair makes him look so grown up. Aw.

. said...

Your house looks great! It's always fun to see Christmas decorations up.

I can't believe how quickly Josie is growing up...crazy, huh?!?!

Kerstin said...

Your Christmas decorations look great! I love the pictures of the kids in their church outfits they look so handsome and beautiful!

The Jones Fam said...

That last pic is too cute! That's so funny reading about decorating the tree, because that is exactly like it was at our house. The whole time you're thinking, "This is supposed to be fun family time and I want to strangle my kids!" Well, atleast that's what I was thinking. It's nice to know that it's stressful for other famililes too!

Ellsworth Family said...

Merry Christmas, you decor looks beautiful!! Also, I like the shirt that Clayton is wearing the day you decorated, I am sure it is his favorite!!