Sunday, March 13, 2011

Confession

If you haven't noticed by the ever so subtle ticker, I'm pregnant! I'm pretty ackward when it comes to announcing pregnancies (ask my VT friends, with Josie I never announced it, someone finally just had to ask) so I usually don't. Since I don't get sick or anything it's not hard to avoid the subject. It's not that I don't want to tell people, I just can't ever think of a good way to bring it up without it sounding random or blunt so I avoid it altogether. I thought though, that since this is going to be our LAST baby, I'd actually tell people before we found out the gender. As I said though, I'm ackward at announcing stuff so instead of actually announcing it, I just did the ticker thing and felt that was sufficient. I am learning though, some people (who obviously haven't seen my already enormous belly) aren't sure whether I'm serious or not.

So let me assure you and announce it to everyone: I'm pregnant, it's true. I'm due August 24th. Justin and I were not planning on having a fourth baby so this one came as quite the surprise to both of us (if it makes you feel better I was super ackward announcing the news to him too). It's taken us some time to warm up to the idea of a fourth kid (a.k.a. Quattro), but we are excited now. The boys are super excited - we just told them earlier this week - Clayton wants a brother and Noah wants a sister. We'll find out next month.

So there's the news! Sorry if you thought I was kidding. I have had quite the bump for a while now but was able to hide it with coats and sweaters, but it's not really heavy coat weather anymore so my cover has been blown. The jig is up. Quattro is coming!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! What an exciting surprise! :-)

Theresa said...

Congratulations!!

Rachel B. said...

You are hilarious! I love that it was awkward to tell Justin. I have a couple friends that say they have a hard time telling people too. I have the opposite problem...I have a hard time not shouting it out from the bathroom as I'm peeing on the stick. So excited for you guys. It will be fun to see what gender #Quattro is!

Loupe and Aaron said...

Congratulations! I'm sure your belly is small and adorable.