Monday, March 28, 2011

Ashley and Anisha Visit!

I love when people visit. Nothing makes me happier than having family or close friends staying in my home. Last week my sisters came to visit. I love my sisters. Having them here for 10 days was such a treat (as Noah would say, "That's so special!"). We had a wonderful time while they were here. We went on a few adventures, laughed a lot, and stayed up WAY to late (totally worth it though)! We went to Chicago with Kerstin. It was pretty much a shopping trip, but we loved it! Next time we'll do more sight-seeing. We ate lunch at Giordano's. It came highly recommended and did not disappoint! Check out that pizza. Yum! I ate one piece and was stuffed for the next two days! Buying cupcakes from a van on the street. Sounds a little shady, but they were seriously delicious cupcakes!! My sister brought her 7 month old baby, Max, with her. It was the first time I'd ever met him and he's absolutely DELICIOUS! We all fell in love with him. Josie got to practice big-sister-ing. We've got a ways to go, but she was so fascinated with Max! Max has this awesome hair that just can't be tamed. It sticks straight up all over his head all the time. So cute. While he was here, he got his first haircut. Josie was enthralled with the process and we had a rough time keeping her out of the action. Almost done... The result. The mohawk was perfect for him because his hair sticks up naturally anyway. We went to the AG fair (agricultural fair) while Ashley and Anisha were here, but I took so many pictures that that will be my next post. However, here are a few to tease you with: Ashley's birthday is on Tuesday, so we wanted to have one big family dinner to celebrate before she left. We chose Chili's because of it's kid-friendly nature (although Clayton didn't understand why she didn't want to choose Chuck E Cheese). It was actually better than I'd expected. With 6 adults and 8 kids 6 and under it could have been a disaster, but it was really fun! Josie wasn't such a fan at first (she and I were sitting on the opposite end from most of the other kids, so she was missing out on all the fun - which was a good thing for her). She perked up after a snack though! It felt like there were so many of us! I can't imagine what this table would have looked like if we would have had my parents, Ben, and Jeremiah with us. Crazy! It's only going to get crazier too as we keep adding kids into the mix! We gave Noah a lemon. Awesome! Uh-oh, kids are getting restless at the end of the meal!! iPad to the rescue! I regret that I didn't take more pictures, but we were having so much fun that I kept forgetting! It was so fun to have them here to visit and I can't wait for them to come back!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hooray for sisters! That's so fun they came out and you had all the cousins together, finally. Your kids are so cute--Josie's sad face is adorable. And I love Max's hair--we randomly saw them at the Bellagio last night, and it was hilarious to see that hair in person. Your mom also told us the hilarious Noah-isms, so reading that at the beginning of this post cracked me up.

Unknown said...

So fun! I love it!! Looks like you guys had such a good time :). Can't wait to find out that quattro is a girl :). I'll check back soon.

Maren and Rik said...

How fun you and your sisters could be together for a while! Sisters are great! Also, I could keep reading your little sidebar stories forever! They are so funny!