Wednesday, August 3, 2011

37

(Photo courtesy of Clayton - the official photographer of this pregnancy.)
37 weeks down...3 to go! I'm in the homestretch of this pregnancy. While I'm definitely ready to be done with pregnancy (forever), I am not ready for a baby yet. I've been procrastinating unearthing all our baby gear, doing baby laundry, and setting up a nursery. I need to get on the ball. Poor 4th baby, I've done practically nothing to get ready for her! I have never had a baby early (well, Noah was 3 days early, but Josie cancelled that out by being three days late - I'm calling it a draw) so I probably have about three more weeks of pregnancy ahead of me. Let's face it, I'll probably need all that time to get ready.
I feel pretty great though. This has by far been my easiest pregnancy. All my pregnancies are pretty easy (compared to other women I know), but this one just sort of slid by. I have been able to exercise with relatively no pain throughout, I haven't had any sickness, I'm exhausted but nothing that can't be worked through, it's hot and humid but since I'm home with my AC most of the time it hasn't been as bad as people assume, and I haven't gained as much weight (which you can't really tell by looking at me, but it's true).
Oh I'm still getting the "are you sure it's not twins?" and "you'll never make it to your due date" and "oh you poor uncomfortable thing" comments, but I've adapted a zen attitude about it (well, zen for me anyway).
I can't believe how close we are to being a family of six. That seems like such a large family and it blows my mind. I am excited to meet this new little lady and discover what her name will be. For as upset as I was at the beginning of this pregnancy, that's how excited I am to meet my sweet baby now. I mean, let's face it, Justin and I have created some pretty amazing spawn and this one is bound to be just as awesome.
Come on little girl, get here soon...I promise we'll be ready (even if it means your daddy is doing laundry and rearranging bedrooms while we're in the hospital)!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ha! "Justing and I have created some pretty amazing spawn." That's fantastic. And true.

Like I said on FB, you look great. I'm glad this pregnancy has gone so well for you. The baby can be naked for a few days--it's ridiculously hot anyway.

Maggie said...

I know I got those comments and questions at my watermelon of a belly with each of my pregnancies, even from family members. I feel for you. I'm excited to hear all about her arrival and name selection. It'll be here soon, right? :)

Ellsworth Family said...

I think you look really great prego, and I cant wait to meet her too!!

The Jones Fam said...

I think you look fastastic! And I'm pretty impressed by Clayton's photography skills too :) I can totally relate with all the pregnancy comments (twins, etc) and I too probably pulled out Jett's bin of baby clothes about a weeks before Miles came. It's just not the same when you've all ready done it a few times :)