Samantha A Smith
"Sammie"
August 28, 2011
6:19 a.m.
8lbs. 11oz. 22inches
She is by far our biggest baby. I was able to have a natural child birth with her (planned this time). While I don't think it's for everyone, I'm glad I was able to have this experience. (I'll do a whole post on the labor and delivery later.)
We named her Samantha after me, believe it or not. When I was a little girl (probably 5 or so), I used to put a scarf around my head and talk in a really high-pitched voice, and tell my mom that my name was Samantha - an older woman who lived across the street (in the deserted lot) and had 10 kids. Justin got a kick out of that story and has loved the name ever since. I love the nickname "Sammie" so that was that. Her middle name is the letter A. No, it's not short for anything. I like middle names that mean something. When we were thinking about a middle name for this baby, we decided that we wanted to honor our sisters. Both of my sister's names start with A and Justin's sister's name starts with A, so it was as easy as that. Yes, she'll probably have to explain that to people her whole life, but we're okay with that!
For the first time ever, none of our kids are sick when I've had a baby so they were all able to come to the hospital to visit us. They (especially the boys) were instantly smitten. I love how proud they look!
One of my sweetest memories of this experience is going to be from Noah. They came to see the baby and were very excited to meet her. However, at one point Noah looked at me and asked, "Mom, are YOU okay?". His concern for me was so sweet. I love this kid (crazy expression and all)!
Justin with his girls. Josie loves "baby Sammie". I'm hoping that doesn't change once she realizes that "baby Sammie" is here to stay.
Our first photo as a family of 6 (yikes)! And probably the last photo you will see of me for a while.
Getting ready to go home.
She looks so tiny in her carseat. I have to remember that it won't stay that way long.
In true Smith fashion, she's already sucking on those fingers!
Home at last and taking up residence in the bouncy seat. We sure do love this little girl and are very happy to have her here at last!
"Sammie"
August 28, 2011
6:19 a.m.
8lbs. 11oz. 22inches
We named her Samantha after me, believe it or not. When I was a little girl (probably 5 or so), I used to put a scarf around my head and talk in a really high-pitched voice, and tell my mom that my name was Samantha - an older woman who lived across the street (in the deserted lot) and had 10 kids. Justin got a kick out of that story and has loved the name ever since. I love the nickname "Sammie" so that was that. Her middle name is the letter A. No, it's not short for anything. I like middle names that mean something. When we were thinking about a middle name for this baby, we decided that we wanted to honor our sisters. Both of my sister's names start with A and Justin's sister's name starts with A, so it was as easy as that. Yes, she'll probably have to explain that to people her whole life, but we're okay with that!
13 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an adorable name. And who knows, maybe she'll be a "SAS"sy little girl, like her initials!!!
I love the story around her name. It's always fun for kids to have a great story to share.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, enjoy that darling little girl!
Congratulations! She's so cute. I'm excited for you guys. Love the name. :)
Ohhhh, congrats! She is darling!! I love her chubby little cheeks and all that dark hair. So glad everything went well, although I do think you're a bit crazy to do natural child-birth on purpose. ;) I'm only teasing. I can't wait to hear the story. Have fun kissing that sweet little face!
Thanks for sharing. I wish I could share with you for real.
Justin and Ariane:
Well played.
~R&V
Congrats, she is soooo cute and super chunky, looooove her!!
Congrats! She's beautiful! And good for you for going natural!
Those cheekies are just too precious. She's adorable. Congratulations!
Congrats! She is a doll. I love the name... The story behind it is cracking me up.
What an adorable family of 6. You look great. She is such a cute baby! All sweet and cuddly. Awwww. I, like Noah, hope you're doing well (what a fun story) and can't wait to see more pictures as cute Sammie (the real one; I love that story too!) grows.
Congratulations! Seems like you were just posting newborn pictures of Josie...time sure does fly!
She is so cute. Look at all that long hair, and those cute cheeks. I can tell already she's going to be a beut! Congrats to you superwoman!
Looks good. There's something to be said about consistency. They all look the same to me. You guys do good work!
Post a Comment