Friday, September 30, 2011

Fun Run

The big fundraiser for Clayton's school is a fun run. The kids get sponsors and then spend an hour stretching, running, cooling down, and eating a popsicle. It's insanely successful (I don't know the numbers for this year, but I remember that last year they raised something like $15,000). It's pretty much the only fundraiser they do all year. I LOVE it! My kid isn't expected to go door to door selling stuff (which I'm not a fan of) and it's something that we can call family and get sponsors - a.k.a. it's EASY! Of all the fundraisers that I've ever been a part of (and I've done my fair share), this one is my favorite. I love that it gets the kids out exersicing as well as raising money for their school!

Families are encouraged to attend the fun run to watch their kids run and even run with them. Last year Justin was off on the day of the fun run so we were all able to go. This year was a little different. Justin was working but I still really wanted to go. However, I was nervous of taking Noah, Josie, and Sammie to the fun run. Okay, I'll be honest, I was nervous about taking Josie. That girl never stays put and I didn't think I'd be able to cheer for Clayton the way I wanted to if I had to chase her all over the school. Fortunately a friend of mine said that she would watch Josie (and ultimately Noah) while I went to cheer Clayton on. So Sammie and I went.
Stretching (Clayton is in the yellow shirt with the yellow pom)

The first lap.
Last year I was impressed with how well Clayton ran. This year I was even more impressed. He was one of the only kids who ran the whole time. He's not very fast but that's okay. Slow and steady. Just like his momma.
Love these action shots!
Sammie and I actually ran a lap with Clayton. Because I had Sammie strapped to me in the sling we had to go slow. After one lap, Clayton asked if Sammie and I would go back to the sidelines so he could run fast again. We were happy to oblige (it's kind of ackward running with a baby strapped to your front).
Clayton with his "team" (his class). Clayton was so hot and sweaty that it was work just to get him to look up from his popsicle! I love that he ran so hard!
The fun run is one of the events at his school that I definitely look forward to every year. It's just fun. Next year it will be double the fun because (hopefully) Noah will be doing it too!

No comments: