Josie has been on fieldtrips before, but never with a class of her own. Her class went on the traditional apple orchard field trip and she was SO excited! She LOVES school and had been talking about her field trip for days. The day of the trip she was ready in record time. We dropped Sammie off with a friend (stroller + apple orchard = no bueno) and headed off.
Josie jumped right in and got to picking! Because of all the drought issues that the farmers had this year, the apples were pretty little not particularly appetizing, but she was still determined to fill her bag!
Josie and her friend Ruby. It's hard to get a picture of preschoolers.
Once our bags were nice and full, we met back up with the class for a delicious snack of crackers and apple cider! Yum!
This one's blurry, but I love the look on her face. Soooo Josie.
Just for fun: Here is what Josie looked like the last time we went apple picking (we skipped last year because Sammie was so tiny):
And this year (she's growing up too fast):
Each child had to give two of their apples to Mrs. Halliday so that they could make applesauce for snack the next day. Josie loved doing that (which is good, because it's what we're going to do with the apples that she brought home too)! I loved being able to go with her on her very first field trip. I love that all my kids are still young enough to be really excited when I show up at their school or when I can go on field trips with them. I know they'll loose it at some point, but hopefully we've still got a few years before that starts happening!

No comments:
Post a Comment