I'm tired and don't want to spend too much time with commentary so here's the spawn:
This was about a week before Halloween. The kids were getting ready to head to the annual trick or treat at Justin's clinic.
Josie's really into making faces lately.
The boys have been watching the old school Super Mario Bros TV show lately (remember, from the 90's - thanks Netflix) and decided that they wanted to be Mario and Luigi. Clayton needed to be Luigi because, you know, Luigi's the taller one.
"I'm mah mah Mah-rio!"
Ready to get Gumbahs
I made them do this. It's funny. You know it.
Josie got it in her head this year that the three of us (myself, her, and Sammie) needed to be the Powerpuff Girls (another older cartoon). She was adamant about it. I looked online for Powerpuff Girl costumes but they were T.R.A.S.H.Y. So I decided to make them. I am NOT a seamstress of any sort and these costumes gave me a fair amount of grief but in the end I think they turned out pretty great (mistakes and all). Besides, how insanely adorable is my little Buttercup!?!
And her sister Blossom!
We also had a great time carving pumpkins. Clayton wanted a Pikachu pumpkin.
Josie wanted a flower (if you can't already tell, we're not a fancy pumpkin carving family).
Noah wanted this guy. I can't remember his name, but he's also some sort of Pokemon.
Here they are all lit up. I love how Pikachu looks.
Poor wilted flower. I freehanded this guy and he didn't fair so well.
Ghost Pokemon. I wish this picture would have been better. This pumpkin looked super cool!
Halloween night. Here are the Powerpuff Girls:
I was Bubbles, Josie was Buttercup, and Sammie was Blossom (Josie decided who wore what costume). We wore our costumes to Josie's preschool party that morning where no one had any idea who we were and when Josie went out trick or treating without us (Sam and I stayed back and passed out candy) only one person recognized her - which was one more person that we thought would recognize her! Apparently a lot of people thought she was Dora (what?).
Love Sammie's face here.
Ready to take on Mojo Dojo!
Mario and Luigi (this time with mustaches). Love Clayton's intense stare?
Their big fake bellies make me laugh.
My cute costume clad clan! I love that, even though they all chose their own costumes (well, except Sammie) they all chose costumes that sort of coordinated. Themey. I like it.
The kids went out with Justin and Jared.
Josie, Levi, Tori, and Ella came back first with Kerstin. It was getting dark, wet (although fortunately not actively raining), and chilly. Noah and Landon came back a while later with Jared and Clayton outlasted everyone! He and Justin stayed out until Justin made him come home. My oldest boy apparently has this trick or treat thing down!
Sammie obviously didn't like being left behind. She was not a happy camper to be at home passing out candy with me. On the upside, with her screaming and the Disco's constant barking at every doorbell, our house sounded like we were playing a haunted house CD!
It was a great Halloween. My kids really cleaned up this year (read: Justin and I have been eating a lot of candy - a LOT). I love this holiday (my waistline, not so much)!
No comments:
Post a Comment