Whenever Clayton has a birthday I am always nostalgic and surprised at how my baby ever got so big. I figured that since Clayton was the forerunner, I wouldn't be so shocked when Noah turned a year older. I'd done it before...no biggie. What shocks me is that I get just as nostalgic and just as surprised over Noah (and Josie, and Sammie). Here he is, a big SIX YEAR OLD, and all I can wonder is, "how did this happen?". How did my baby become a six year old boy? Weird.
I have gotten pretty sentimental in past posts so feel free to read those (I have) if you want a dose of nostalgic mother-talk. I'm not going to do that today. Today I'm going to focus on Noah: The 6 Year Old Pootie. This morning, he came bounding into the kitchen bright and early (6:30) singing - at the top of his lungs - "Happy Birthday To ME!" He's been looking forward to and counting down toward his birthday for MONTHS. He's made himself birthday cards and talking endlessly about the extravaganza that would be his birthday. He's a child after Aunt Anisha's heart (no one loves their birthday like Anisha...until now). Here he is, a brand new 6 year old:
Some Pootie-riffic facts about my 6 year old:
- He's such a boy. Weapons, 'girls have cooties', dirt, mud, wrestling, bugs, superheroes, legos, danger, you name it. He's all over it.
- He's such a little brother. This kid has the pestering thing down pat! It's not our favorite, but I think that's part of the reason he does it. And although he's technically not Josie's little brother, he's just as pestery with her as he is with Clayton.
- He's a good gymnast. I love watching him. He genuinely loves gymnastics and practices all the time. He loves to show me his big muscles every day.
- He's very sweet. Of all my kids, he's still my biggest cuddler. Plus, the way he interacts with Sammie melts my heart.
- He loves all things Pokemon, Skylanders, and Legos.
- He is very smart. His reading surprises me every day. He has great comprehension skills and can ask some questions that really make you think.
- He's always moving. If he's awake, he's moving. Even when he's watching TV or playing a game, he is bouncing. He has more energy than any kid I've ever known. It's exhausting to watch sometimes.
- He likes to play a game called 'dangerous stuff'. The game is him climbing up something as high as he can and then jumping off. Sometimes he gets hurt playing 'dangerous stuff' but being hurt does nothing to deter him.
- He's not a picky eater. Like his Grandpa and Mom, he's a slow eater, but he'll eat just about anything. It's pretty refreshing since he's sandwiched between two pretty picky eaters.
- He's funny. He'll do just about anything for a laugh. Dress up in silly costumes, tell jokes, use accents, etc.
- He's determined. Sometimes I use the word stubborn. It's a trait that I have a love/hate relationship with but mostly I love that he makes a decision and will do just about anything to follow through.
I'll do a post later about how his special day went but so far so good. I absolutely adore this kid. He makes me crazy sometimes but I love who he is. He's one in a million, that's for sure. Everyday with him is an adventure and I feel so blessed to be along for the ride!
Happy Birthday Noah! We love you!
1 comment:
Awww, happy birthday, Noah! How come I forget every year that he and Reese are only a couple months apart? I'm crazy. What a cute boy he is!
Post a Comment