Monday, January 28, 2008

New lighting and other fun stuff!

Our house is really old and there are certain things that really date it. One of those things was our kitchen light. We had a nasty old ceiling fan in there. It was straight out of the 70's. My disgust of it was only increased when we realized that only one of the four lights worked. Needless to say that this made for a very dark and depressing kitchen. Well, Justin finally had it the other day! He went to change the only working light only to discover that that one was no longer working! AARGH! So he went to Home Depot and bought a beautiful new fan! (We have to have a fan because back east we do not have central air conditioning, so fans are a MUST for summer!) He then installed it BY HIMSELF! Who knew that I had such a handy husband!?! Clayton certainly was impressed. He kept saying, "It's so beautiful!" and "Daddy's fixing the light, I'll pay him fourteen dollars!" Anyway, it is so beautiful I had to share it!

He also bought under the cabinet lighting (which he also installed himself). So goodbye dark kitchen! It's so bright in there now, I love it!!!

So now we just need a new dining room light (that one is really dated too), and we are set! So hopefully in the next month or so we will have all our lighting updated (in the kitchen and dining room anyway).
Here are our new barstools. We got them with some Christmas money and I couldn't love them more. Clayton loves to sit at the bar and eat. It is so nice to have the extra seating. I also think they look really nice.

Finally, what would a post be without a picture of my handsome boys? This picture cracks me up! They were making each other laugh so hard here!! I love that they are getting old enough to be friends. Noah is getting his molars right now so he is kind of snotty and gross, but this pic is still one of my favorites right now!

9 comments:

Erica said...

That ceiling fan is so pretty! I love your barstools... I can't wait to see them. There is nothing better than home improvements!

Nat said...

Your fan is really beautiful! I am jealous that you have a house to fix up. New decorations for the home are the BEST!

Cherine said...

I love all your improvements. The fan, bar stools etc...Awesome! Uh We don't have AC either but a wall unit and that makes for hot bedrooms. SOOOOOO annoying!

Cherine said...

P.S HOw do you make your blog so stinken cute?

Cherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerstin said...

I love the new lighting, it looks great! I also really like your bar stools. That picture of the boys is so stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Talan has that same Chick magnent shirt... Love it!! I love the new updates... Doesnt it make you so much happier? I does me! I feel so much better about myself when my house is presentable.

The Bryner Bunch said...

I love home improvements! So fun and the fan and barstools look very nice. Noah's little toothy grin is hillarious!

Ellsworth Family said...

Love the lighting, love the pic of the boys!!