Lately Clayton and I have been talking about putting things away for safekeeping. I was putting laundry away and he was very interested in why I was putting certain items in drawers. So, over the past few weeks I have been explaining to him that we put special things in drawers, things that are important that we don't want to loose. "Safekeeping" has become a new buzzword around the house. Anyway, today I was putting his laundry away and I saw this:

This touched my heart because I know that even though he can't read this book yet, he feels that it is an important enough item to put away for safekeeping. I love how much he loves the Book of Mormon. He is such an amazing kid and, even though it doesn't look like much, this discovery reminds me what an amazing book this truly is! I hope I am as good an example to him as he is to me! I love you Clayton!
15 comments:
that is such a sweet and cute story. I also think it is a great testament to what a great mom you are. You do such a great job with those boys!
How sweet! That gave my stomach butterflies. What a great job you've done with your kids that he'd consider that something worth saving. How cute.
That is so cute. I cant wait to come and see the boys. I miss you all!
It sounds like you're doing a great job with him! What a great example to all of us!
That got me teary-eyed!!! I love how sweet and inocent kids are!
Kids are so sweet!
How cute!!! I don't know if you remember me, but we were roomates in Utah. Your kids are so cute!!! Chris and I have 3 kids now. Talk to you later.
oh email me: janahaycock@msn.com or go to: www.myspace.com/cjsmph
I'd love to keep in touch!!!
Oh that is so sweet! That means he has has great parents that teach him right!
That is such a sweet story! That is one you will remember forever! I love it when kids do sweet things like that. It makes your whole day!
Oh so sweet. That's what matters in life. I love the new look of your blog. It's my fave!
He really is such a good boy!! I love that he put his scriptures in the drawer! You must be teaching him some great things
What a great story! That'll be one you will be so glad you wrote down in the future. Go, Clayton!
SO cute! I love the gospel through the eyes of our children--so simple, but stronger than you could ever imagine!
I am so thankful for the example of my children too!
That is so sweet! Little kids have the sweetest little spirits! Thanks for your post...very touching.
Post a Comment