Clayton wanted to help with all aspects of the cookies. He loved to help roll the dough!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Cookie Decorating
This year was a great year for cookie decorating at the Smith house. It combines our love of all things Christmas with all things sugary! Clayton and Noah were both very willing helpers this year. Clayton really surprised me - he actually decorated cookies without eating either the cookie or the decorations! Last year when he 'helped' me, he ate more than he decorated so this was a pleasant surprise. Noah was also eager to decorate cookies (although he was much more interested in the eating part than the decorating part). We had to give Noah his own special bowl of frosting because he wanted to take the spatula and use it like a spoon to eat the icing!
Clayton wanted to help with all aspects of the cookies. He loved to help roll the dough!
He also loved cutting out the shapes. He put a lot of thought in to which shape to cut out next and tried to make sure that we were cutting out the same number of each shape (we did 4 different shapes this year).
Noah also enjoyed the rolling out and cutting of the dough. I think his favorite thing about it was that he got to play in the flour! (Yes that is a bandaid on his head. He is so daring and gets hurt doing a lot of his crazy stunts! I swear, when he gets older, we are going to have the ER on speed dial!)
After they were baked. I love sugar cookies. I especially love them plain. It was such a temptation for me not to eat them as they were coming out of the oven!
Clayton decorating
An action shot - I love how into it he was. You can see the concentration on his face!
A rare shot of Noah decorating his cookie instead of eating icing!
This was what most of Clayton's cookies looked like when he was done decorating them. He was so proud of himself! I kind of like the way they turned out.
It was so fun doing this with my boys this year. Maybe next year, I can convince Noah to be more interested in decorating than eating (although I really can't blame him, those cookies did look delicious...)
Clayton wanted to help with all aspects of the cookies. He loved to help roll the dough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It looks like you guys had such a fun Christmas! It will be fun next year when Jett is Noah's age. Your cookies look delicious!
I love sugar cookies too! We made a bunch this year to give out to people but then the weather got really bad so we didn't get half of them delivered so I ate way more then my share of ugar cookies this year. The boys look so cute decorating the cookies.
Post a Comment