It was another amazing Christmas in the Smith house. I have decided that 4 is the BEST age for holidays. It was so magical to experience Christmas through Clayton's eyes. He was so excited and amazed at everything! The only thing that made me sad today was that my family couldn't be here to have this experience with us. As a late gift to my family, here are some pictures and some video of how our Christmas went (obviously I got a card reader from Santa - he always knows just what I want):
I took tons of pictures of Christmas this year so I will try to keep my commentary to a minimum. Here is the basic info: Clayton got everything he asked Santa for (a castle, a ship, and a new McQueen) plus a few books, a new toothbrush, and lots of new clothes. Noah got Rocket from Little Einsteins, a Diego Rescue Submarine, a new McQueen (because having just one would cause problems), a toothbrush, a coloring book, and some clothes. Both boys got the game Hungry Hungry Hippos and an awesome train set (thanks Grammy and Grandpa)! As for me and Justin, we each got some great stuff, but this year it was all about the kids! Okay, it's time for the pics (sorry, these are in no real order):
This was Noah's 'cheese' face all day. It was cracking me up (there will probably be other pictures of it).


This was the way the train set looked when Justin originally set it up (this set up only lasted about 10 minutes before Noah destroyed it).

Another one of Noah's cheese faces. I just can't resist!

Clayton LOVES this train set! (And Noah is a pretty big fan too.)


He was honestly doing so good playing with this until his destructive younger brother got his hands on it!



This is probably my favorite pic of Clayton from the whole day!

One more 'cheese' face - you know you love it!

Clayton's castle. Yes, it's really the bat cave, but he LOVES it! He said it was his favorite gift of the day. Truthfully, I think Justin loved it almost as much as Clayton did! It's totally old school. It has pulleys and levers and nothing electric on it at all! It's powered 100% by imagination!

Clayton made us this candle holder in school. So begins the Christmases with the handmade gifts. I really love it though!

This is Noah's Rocket. This was his favorite gift today. He's such a fan of 'Little Einsteins'! He wanted to sleep with it tonight and put up a pretty good fight when we didn't let him!


This was how Justin set up the train set after Noah destroyed the first set up. This set up lasted for a long time (about 2 hours, which is how long Noah napped today). The current set up is just a big, flat circle. The boys still love it though! (And Clayton can re-assemble it himself when Noah breaks it. Bonus!)


We played Hungry Hungry Hippos tonight after dinner. We played forever! I LOVE this game. Hands down, the best game we own! We all had so much fun. I love playing board games on Christmas - I grew up doing it. I'm glad that my kids love it as much as I do!

Clayton got this enormous candy cane from a really great guy in our ward. I had to take a picture of it because it is the biggest candy cane I've ever seen!

So there you have it. We had a great day. We all got great gifts, ate a delicious traditional Peterson breakfast, hung out with good friends, ate a yummy ham dinner, played games, and watched Kung Fu Panda (which, by the way, is AWESOME)! I feel so blessed that I got to spend Christmas surrounded by the three guys who mean the most to me in this world. We had a cozy day of family togetherness and I think that's every parent's dream! I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours!
6 comments:
I am glad you guys had such a great Christmas! I love all the pictures and the vidoes. My favorite is Clayton's commentary on what Noah got in his stocking.
Looks like the perfect day.
Merry Christmas.
aww.. Ariane I am so glad you put up those videos... it was an awesome way to let us into your life for 2:29 seconds! HA I enjoyed seeing Noah playing with his rocket and Clayton thrilled to go through his stocking! You look wonderful by the way.. cutest baby bump award!
Looks like a fun Christmas! I don't know how you had time to already get that up on your blog though! :)
What a nice day! You are a super cute prego girl!
I held out for as many years as Darren would allow with the dog!
Keep your ground!! :)
Ahhh Clayton and Noah are cuties!!! How fun! Michael was fun at three years old but I am happy to hear the magic of four years old! Your Christmas looked like a success!!!!
Post a Comment