Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

I didn't take too many pictures of Thanksgiving this year. I intended to, but when it got down to it, I was having too much fun being with family and friends and EATING!!! This year for Thanksgiving we went over to the Petersen's house. We spent the holiday with Missy and Chase, Rick and Vanessa, Aaron and Savannah, and Savannah's sister Heidi. It was a packed house but it was great! Justin, once again, made the most delicious turkey! He likes to make the turkey every year and I am not going to be the one who stops him. He started brining it two days before Thanksgiving and it was so juicy and tender that it was so hard to carve because it kept falling apart! Yum! After our meal, another couple from our ward came over for dessert and brought these huge chocolate turkeys for the three little boys. Clayton dug in to his turkey and (I am pretty sure) ate his weight in chocolate - he may look like Justin, but his chocolate eating ability comes exclusively from me!! We spent the rest of the night playing games, eating the delicious pies that Vanessa made, as well as snacking on leftovers, and sitting around in food-induced comas. I was really glad that I was wearing stretchy maternity pants!!! It was an amazing holiday full of delicious food, amazing company, and lots of laughs. Here are a few of the pictures that I DID remember to take:

Justin making the gravy. He makes this delicious turkey gravy (that goes really well with his yummy turkey). He is such a good cook - if the medicine thing doesn't pan out, he'd make a great chef!!
Missy and Savannah preparing the food, the dangerous thing about this was that, as we would prepare the food, we ate almost as much as we put on the tray!!
Noah eating a pear. He is so cute!
Clayton eating his massive chocolate turkey (parts of this turkey were solid chocolate). He ate about half of it before I forced him to give it to me. He ate the other half a few days later. Justin tried to get him to eat some fruit but he told Justin, "I don't like fruit. I just like chocolate!"
I'm not sure what exactly he was sad about here, but his face cracks me up. Isn't it the saddest face you've ever seen!?!
The day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Missy and I got up at 3:45 to get to the mall by 4. We also braved Toys R Us and walked into Wal-Mart (and promptly walked out because it was a zoo). It was an early morning, but we both got most of our Christmas shopping done! I am so happy to be done. I love to shop, but going out around the holidays isn't as fun for me - there are just too many people and not enough parking. That same day, we decorated for Christmas. I don't have any pictures of it yet, but they're coming. I love it when our house is all decked out for Christmas, it makes me so happy! Anyway, that was our Thanksgiving weekend. I hope yours was as wonderful as ours!

6 comments:

Kerstin said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. I love Clayton's comment about fruit and chocolate. I am also pretty much done with my Christmas shopping. I am also not a fan of the crazy Holiday crowds.

Anonymous said...

I am still dreaming about Justin's TURKEY....Rick and I bought a 15 lb. turkey on Saturday for 4 dallaz and I want Justin to cook it!!!! That was an amazing meal! Good times!

Ellsworth Family said...

oooh, it looks like it was a delicious day!! And you know, I have never had Justin's turkey before, he will have to make it for me when I see him next, and I dont care that I will be seeing you guys in May, I want turkey!!! Also, the boys were lookin super cute and festive!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! The stretchy pants are the best for Thanksgiving eating! Way to go with the shopping...I wish I was done and that my house was decorated. Well, I'll just blame it on being enormous with no energy:)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for a new fat cheerleader baby! Oh and my last name is Worthen.


A

Melissa Stubbs said...

Sounds like y'all had fun. If we were here, I'm sure we would have been there too! Whether you wanted us or not! ;) If y'all are here for Christmas, we'll have to get together for something. I've not even started my Christmas shopping! I have so much to do! See you soon!