Saturday, April 18, 2009

Announcing...

Josephine Cathryn Smith
"Josie"
April 17th at 8:41 p.m.
8lbs. 4ozs. 21 inches

My amazing team of doctors. I was so glad that Justin got to deliver. He did a great job!
Why Josephine? I love the name. It's from the book 'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott. Josephine 'Jo' March is the main character and she's beautiful, smart, independent, strong willed, and fun loving. I have always loved that character and that name. It was a last minute decision to use it. Justin is still warming up to Josephine, but he loves the nickname Josie and that's what won him over.




Right before we were discharged.

Sucking her thumb already.
These boys were fascinated with her (especially Noah and Enoch). They already adore her.
It's been an amazing couple of days. The labor was awful - I went so fast that I didn't get my epidural in time (for the record, I do NOT recommend natural childbirth). The delivery ROCKED - my body literally threw her out, I pushed twice and not that hard either! The boys are in love with her and want to touch her and know where she is all the time - which is kind of a curse right now because they are both sick (delightful). I'll elaborate more later I'm sure, but for now, enjoy the pictures. She's so gorgeous and we love finally having her with us!

30 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Hooray - congrats Arianne (and everyone else), I REALLY wish I were in your shoes right now, lol.

Kerstin said...

Josie is beautiful!!! I am so happy for you guys and I am sad that I don't get to meet her right away.

Shayla said...

Congratulations on a beautiful daughter. I LOVE her name! I look forward to more details. Who doesn't love a delivery story?!

Jana said...

Congrats. She's beautiful!!!

Melody said...

CONGRATS! She is soo big.. Justin looks like he is holding a 3 month old! she is beautiful!! SO happy for you!!!

rychelle said...

Congratulations!

She is beautiful and I love her name.

Way to go daddy/doctor.

Missy said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful! I'm glad you finally had her.

Erica said...

Congrats!! She is so beautiful. I can't believe how quick you had her. I'm so glad she decided to come before you were induced.

Megan said...

She IS gorgeous!! Congratulations! I love the name too!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats! She is gorgeous--soooooo fun!

I bet your boys will always protect/ adore her :).

Cami said...

Wow, she is georgous!! I LOVE her name, i think it is beautiful!!

. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting and she is gorgeous!

Theresa said...

Congratulations! she is beautiful and I love the name too. I told you she was coming soon! :)

Nat said...

Wow, you must have had her really fast!! You were just at playgroup Friday morning! I love you her name, it fits. She looks so pretty and I can't wait to meet her. You'll have to share your labor and delivery story. If you need dinner I'm available and would love to bring it to you. Don't hesitate to ask!!!!

The Cobells said...

That is so exciting! She is so cute. I can't wait to meet her. Good job!

Rachel B. said...

Oh my word, she's beautiful and I love her name. I love old-fashioned with a modern nickname. And now I'm pretty sure you can do anything since you did natural child-birth. Wow, that sounds scary, but how wonderful to only have had to push twice. Good work and can't wait to hear more!

Amy said...

Congrats!!! She is so cute!! You look great! And, awesome job on the delivery. We love you guys!

The Bryner Bunch said...

She is so beautiful congrats! Two pushes way to go! It looks like your boys are giving their little sister lots of love...maybe too much:) I am so glad that all is well and congrats again to you and your fam:)

Ellsworth Family said...

What a beautiful baby, I cannot wait to meet her!!!

Jen said...

She is such a cutie. Congratulations! It's fun to hear where you got the name--totally good point about her being named after such a strong character. Yippee! What a fun story for Justin to have been able to deliver her.

Melissa Stubbs said...

We are so excited that Josie is here. I know you are too. I'm planning on coming to see her this week. (And You!!) Has anyone from the ward contacted you about meals? If not, I'll get on that. She's beautiful!!!

Loupe and Aaron said...

Arianne I am so excited for you!! She is beautiful (and so cute in her little girly outfits). I love the name Josephine. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Ariane! She is beautiful and I LOVE the name! It's perfect and I love that book too!

Troy and Mindi said...

Oh, I love her and I can't wait to hold her! Good work and congrats!

Grahm and Ashley said...

Wow, you are the WOMAN!!! No epidural!! My sister-in-law just had that same experience- not very pleasant!!! Josie is a big girl!! I LOVE the name you picked, Josie or Jo is tooo cute for a nickname ( I also love that book!)!! That pretty cool that your hubby delivered the baby? and Cheaper? HAha! She looks perfect!! Good job in the gene department!! I think her older brothers are gonna love her to pieces!!! I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to give birth!! Seemed like forever!!

Candace said...

Congrats!! glad all went well & she is so cute!! love the name too. :)

The Jones Fam said...

Congratulations! She is sooooo cute! I love her outfits, isn't dressing girls so much fun! She looks so sweet sucking on her thumb and fingers :)

Kara said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see more!

Heather and Ben said...

CONGRATS!! She is darling Ariane. And I love the name. I can't wait to see her in person!
I will be back in town on Monday and will be sure to bring by a couple of meals that you guys can eat or freeze, whichever you need.

Maggie said...

Congratulations! I have to admit the first person/character I thought of was not Jo March. I was thinking Joseph Smith. But I'm sure she will be her own person. She is beautiful. That's awesome that Justin delievered her. Just call him the catcher! Yea for little girls! :)