Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Getting adjusted

Slowly but surely we are adjusting to life with three kids. Fortunately, Justin has had this month off (all hail the glorious paternity month) and it has been WONDERFUL having him home. I feel like having three kids really hasn't been that hard. Justin is able to take the boys places during the day so that Josie and I can get some rest. I was thinking the other day, "I don't know why people tell me that three is the hardest, I don't think it's too bad." Then I remembered that I have an extra set of hands around all the time. When Justin goes back to work in June (that's right, he's home in May too) I may be singing a different tune.

We haven't been doing too much but my family has been asking to see new pictures of Josie and I don't want to disappoint! Of course I've been taking tons - it's just so fun to have a little girl to dress up that I can't not take pictures of her!
On her way to her first doctor's appointment!
I can't tell who she looks like. Justin and I go back and forth thinking that she looks like both of the boys and thinking that she looks like neither of them. What do you think?


The boys are finally healthy enough to hold Josie and help take care of her. Noah has been struggling a little bit to adjust to being a big brother. He loves Josie and always wants to be near her - but he's had some tantrum issues since we brought her home. It's slowly getting better.

Clayton loves everything about this little girl. He's fascinated by her. He's an amazing big brother!

I saw this the other day and it made me smile. The boys were sitting next to each other on the couch playing little handheld games. These two have gotten closer since we brought the baby home. I'm glad they have each other.
Noah's cheesy grin melts my heart every time!
We took a family outing to the park the other night. It felt good to be out walking around. Josie was a little underwhelmed with the outing!
Since our stroller only holds two kids, Clayton had to ride his bike. He was such a trooper. I can't believe how grown up he's getting!

12 comments:

Theresa said...

I love the pictures. keep em coming. :) Clayton looks like such a big helper. :)

Jen said...

She's so cute. How fun to dress her up and put ginormous bows on her. I love it.

And totally cute to see Noah and Clayton playing together--I bet that also helps to keep them out of your hair.

And Justin has 2 months off?! That worked well. How awesome. I think Todd only gets 2 weeks paternity leave, but I'll still take it.

Kerstin said...

She is so cute and I love the pictures of Clayton and Noah holding her.

Melody said...

See I always heard going from 1 -2 is the hardest and anything after that is just about wrangling them in.. (my mom had 6)SHe is sooo cute.. . Makes me want one sooo bad!!

Amy said...

Number three has been my easiest!!!! Seriously, I think three is great. It isn't the baby that is hard...it is still the other two that drive you nuts. The baby is your sanity. :)

Rachel said...

Oh Josie is lovely! I will certainly have to see your kids when you guys come down here in July.

Jana said...

She's darling!!! I don't think having 3 is that bad if the older one is a big helper. When Preston was born, Shelby LOVED running to get things and "helping" with her brother. Also, it helped that both girls were old enough to walk on their own and stay by me when I needed them to.
How nice to have Justin there with you!! I think I'd go insane having Chris here more than a few days...messes up my program!!! haha
I'm so happy for you guys! You're such a cute family!

Ellsworth Family said...

She is soooo cute, and definitly looks like a smith!! Cant wait to see everone in just a few short weeks!!

Kara said...

I just read your labor and delivery story. DANG GIRL! I guess by that time you were ready with everything coming out all at once. I don't understand why people don't realize that women know their bodies! How frustrating! I love your story though. She's sooooo cute, and I am so excited for you guys1

Grahm and Ashley said...

Hmmmm... it's hard to tell who she looks like, but I do know this, She is dang cute, especially in her girly little clothes!! I do miss dressing my girl! Boys stuff isn't so cute! I'm glad #3 isn't bad for you, it was my most challenging!

Shayla said...

Okay, I've been studying these pictures of Josie and I think she looks more like you and Clayton than Justin and Noah. Which is weird because I think Noah looks more like you. And that Clayton looks more like Justin. Oh heck. I don't know. What I do know is that she definitely looks like she belongs in the family. And she definitely is adorable!

The Jones Fam said...

I love the pic of Clayton feeding Josie, so cute! She is definately one stylin baby!