One of the things we did was have an Easter egg hunt with Jared and Kerstin's kids. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to do it since the weather has been so crummy, but it miraculously cleared up for Easter weekend (and then went right back to crummy). However, we were able to spend the weekend outside, which was nice. The kids were thrilled with the hunt. It was a smashing success!
Despite Josie's somewhat crusty expression, she was super excited to participate in the egg hunt.
Clayton was an easter egg hunting machine! I love that he's old enough to be this excited over all these little holiday traditions!
Landon, Ella, Clayton, and Noah.




Josie was surprised and delighted to find that there was candy in the eggs! I think that was the highlight for her!
Sunday morning, the kids discovered that the Easter bunny had come! Josie was thrilled with her new Dora book!
The goods!
Noah's basket was trickier to find, but he eventually found it. There was a kite and a nerf gun in it! The boys have been dying to go out and fly kites, but since the rain returned, there hasn't been a good day for kite flying.
Airplane candy!
Clayton's Easter basket was the trickiest of all to find. He was a trooper though and persisted until he found it. He was pleasantly surprised with a Magic Treehouse book, a kite, an airplane candy, and a nerf gun! (Smart Easter Bunny. He put the same things in each boy's basket. No coveting, no fighting. He's a genius!)
Josie in her Easter outfit. What you can't see are her super cute gold gladiator sandals. Sometimes I covet her clothes.
Handsome Noah. Tragically, there is no picture of Clayton. Yes, there is some mommy guilt there. He was tying his shoes when I was taking pictures and then we were running behind and I thought 'I'll take his picture after church'. Didn't happen. Bad mommy. He was extremely handsome though.
Post Easter slaughter. We turned our backs on Josie for 10 minutes. Mistake!!!
She'd gotten one of the unwrapped chocolate bunnies off the counter, snuck it into the toy room, chewed through the wrapping, and ate the bunny's face off. You got to hand it to her, she's determined!
Despite our lack of pictures, our Easter was a good one. The boys are old enough to understand the true meaning of Easter and Clayton and I actually had a couple of really good discussions on resurrection and the life of Christ. We enjoyed spending time together with family and had a great weekend!
2 comments:
I adore Easter clothes and it's so fun to see everyone's kids in them. Also, how fun you had cousins over for the Easter egg hunt! That's one of the best traditions ever, especially when kids are old enough for it actually to be a hunt. We saw eggs with a suction cup so they can be placed on ceilings, etc. We're excited to have kids old enough for THOSE tricky things.
Fun times! Girls start young on chocolate :) ...we have similar experiences often with our 2 1/2 year old.
Post a Comment