Noah watching the firefighter gear up.
After learning about all the fire fighter's gear we got to take a tour of the inside of the station. I thought it was pretty cool, but I didn't get any pictures of it because I was too busy trying to keep Josie off of the firefighter's stuff.
Inside one of the rescue trucks. Those things are pretty big on the inside!
They had the ladder raised on the ladder truck. It was so high up! I got dizzy looking at it!
They had one of the firefighters climb it for us. They are not attached to anything as they climb. They wear a belt with a big clip on it so that if they start to fall they can quickly clip on to a rung. Scary stuff.
Still climbing...
At the top. I asked Noah if he wanted a turn climbing the ladder (they weren't letting the kids climb it but I was curious what he'd say). He said, "No way!". On the way home he commented on how brave firefighters are. So true!
The kids watching the climb.
Noah was very concerned for the firefighter's safety as he climbed.
Cool firefighter gear!
Josie driving the fire truck. I swear this girl is such a flirt. She was so flirty with the firefighter that he gave her an extra turn in the truck. I'm gonna have to watch this girl!
Noah driving the truck. He was in heaven!
Clayton was so sad that he didn't get to go to the fire station. He has been reading a book that takes place in a fire station and actually knows quite a bit about fire stations right now. Thankfully one of the firemen asked if anyone needed extra hats, stickers, and coloring books. We took him up on it and it made Clayton's day!
That was our trip to the fire station. It was a lot of fun. I think we're going to have to go back when we can take Clayton with us though.
No comments:
Post a Comment