I can't believe it's been two months since Sammie joined our family. On one hand, two months is not a long time and this two months has really flown by. On the other hand, I'm having a hard time remembering what life was like before we had Sammie. It's crazy how that happens. We all love this little girl so much. I look at her sweet face and I always just feel so blessed that she's mine. She has such a sweet personality and I can't imagine a better little person to round out our family. Right now she is the calm in our home. The other three kids are wild and loud and crazy most of the time (which I usually do love) but Sammie is just so peaceful. I know that'll change once she gets older and starts to run around with her siblings but I love the serenity that she radiates right now. Even when she's fussy, it doesn't last long and she's super easy to soothe. I know I keep saying it, but Sammie is the best baby ever! Justin and I have been pretty lucky with our babies, they've all been pretty good, but Sammie wins the prize.
Sleepy Sammie. She usually sleeps with her head back and her back super arched. It looks very uncomfortable, but she loves it. Perhaps we have another ultra-bendy kid on our hands!
Bumbo! She's starting to have enough head and trunk strength to sit in it for short periods of time. I think she looks so big in there!
If I squeeze her cheeks lightly I can usually get some big smiles. I love that her smiles are becoming more frequent and easier to get. All of us compete for her smiles. Love it!
Not sure why this one is sideways, but she still sucks her fingers like a rockstar! She's getting better at catching those dang fingers.
Sammie is usually her happiest in the morning. I love to play with her first thing when she wakes up. She's so pleasant and happy. I love this big smile and those squinty eyes!
I love the way she looks after bathtime all wrapped up in a towel. This girlie loves bathtime too.
Her favorite place (other than being held) is still the bouncy seat. When she's in there the other kids love to gather around and play with her. She's so content and it's easy to capture her smiles. So I present: Scenes from a bouncy seat:
Quality time with big sissy:
Cute little smile:
Little tounge:
I know I have a lot of these pictures, but I can't resist that cute smile!
At two months, some of Samantha's nicknames are: Sammie, Sam-Sam, Sam-a-lam-a, Peanut, Bebe, and Sam-a-lam-a-ding-dong.
At two months some of Sammie's favorite things are: her hair (which seems to be sticking around - yay), baths, having her cheeks squished, when people make her clap her hands, eating, sitting up, and when people make her legs run.
At two months things Sammie is starting to do: smiling, cooing, responding to high pitched sounds and voices, and holding her head up.
Things we are looking forward to in the next few months: laughing, babbling, rolling over (although I wouldn't say I'm really looking forward to that one so much), having enough core strength to sit in the Bumbo for longer than 5 minutes, and being more interactive (the kids are especially excited for her to play peek-a-boo).
She has her two month check up next week. I'm curious to see how much she weighs. This girl eats so much that I expect her to be quite hefty at that check-up. We are enjoying every second we have with this baby. I know that it goes by too fast and, because I know this is our last one, I want to make sure that I'm treasuring every second of Sammie's baby-hood. She makes it easy though. Love this little Sammie-girl!













1 comment:
She has the best grin - I love it!
Post a Comment