Monday, December 12, 2011

Diva

That's the word I'd use to describe Josie right now. She definitely has a major presence in this house right now. Allow me to demonstrate (even more than I just did two posts ago):
She has started escaping from her room at nap time and night time and engaging in all manner of naughtiness (see the 'make-up' picture from two posts ago). I went to check on her a few nights ago and she wasn't in her room. I found her in Clayton's bed, snuggled up right next to him. The flash of my camera actually made her move, which was too bad because they really were very cuddly and cozy.
 I love that they're sort of holding hands. What sweet siblings (for the record, Clayton is the only one who would dare share his bed with her, any of the rest of us would have kicked her right out. He really is the sweetest kid - love him).
 Two Sundays ago, we got to church a little later than we usually do and ended up sitting closer to the front that we typically like. As we were sitting there listening to the Sacrament hymn, Josie escaped the pew and stood in the aisle (in the front, remember) and put her hands in a circle above her head and twirled around on her toes and whispered (in a loud whisper) "I'n a ballerina!" I knew that if I forced her back into the pew she would scream so I chose the quieter of the two evils and let her finish her dance. All around us I could hear muffled (and not-so-muffled) laughter. It didn't help that one of her little two-year-old friends was shouting, "Josie's dancing! Look! Josie's dancing!" At the end of her dance she took two very dramatic bows. I think we were all dying by that point. Our bishop's wife still comments on Josie's performance when I see her (and it was two weeks ago). She laughs and tells me that her dance was the funniest thing she's ever seen in Sacrament meeting.
 Again, Josie escaped after bed time and I found her crashed at the top of the stairs.
 Silly girl.
 A crown and pink high heels. She sports this look at least once a day.
 I gave her an empty paper towel roll. She immediately got Clayton's snow boots on and told me she was a pirate. She kept saying, "Ahoy!" Funny girl.
The other night after dinner Josie disappeared for a while. When she returned she was a monster. She kept jumping around corners yelling, "Arrrgh!"
This is her monster face.
Today I put her down for a nap wearing navy blue wide leg sweatpants and a cute yellow shirt with a red giraffe on it. When I woke her up from her nap she was wearing this lovely ensemble. Yes, it's pink pants and a pink shirt. Yes, the pants and the shirt are inside out. Yes, the shirt is also backward. What can I say, my girl's got serious style!
I love that she has 'just-woke-up' face.
She was seriously proud of herself though for choosing this winning outfit.
You better believe I'm leaving her in this outfit for the rest of the day.
I realize that a few of my posts lately have been super Josie-heavy, but she's at that awesome age where she does so many funny and random things that I have to capture them. Not that the boys or Sammie aren't equally interesting or cute, it's just that when you're two-and-a-half you do so many things that are funny-bordering-on-naughty that it causes me to take a disproportionate number of pictures of her. In order to compensate for that, I've been taking more pictures of Clayton lately and I have a post ready to go that will feature him (because he's been up to some awesome stuff lately - I'm a proud momma). So stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Totally agree...this age is hilarious! I just love it. 2...it's the best of times, it's the worst of times. She is SUCH a pretty little girl!

Annie said...

She rocks! Oh my goodness, what a blast Shi and Josie would have together! I really wish we lived closer. You're a hoot Ariane.
Josie is hilarious! I love that age--all the randomness :)

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Ariane,

We are living parallel lives, as I type this Nigel has snuck out of bed for the 65th time tonight and is bugging the living daylights out of us. I have the scissors under lock and key because he is obsessed with cutting things, luckily he hasn't gotten to his hair yet... hence the reason why they are all locked up. 2.5 is loads of fun and I my senses have to be in tip top condition EVERY.SECOND.OF.THE.DAY.