At six months old, Josie was super mobile. She was crawling, sitting, and constantly on the go. She was by far my busiest baby. She hit all her milestones early and she loved getting around. Her smile was contagious. She was so outgoing and social. She was such a joy!
At a year old, Josie was still just as sweet as ever. She wasn't a very snuggly baby, she was far too busy for any of that. She had been walking for several months and was getting the hang of running. She was starting to talk. We loved hearing the new words she would learn! We were definitely busy trying to keep up with her!
Also, we died over those baby blues!
At 18 months we were starting to notice her diva personality emerging. She was getting sassy (in funny AND frustrating ways), she was becoming increasingly fashion conscious (making it difficult to dress her every day), and was developing her own tastes and opinions (anything girly = awesome). We were starting to get a taste of the terrible two's/three's. We were scared.
At two years old, Josie was in full on diva mode. Oh we loved our little princess - and she knew it! She could throw a tantrum to rival the great Pootie (which we thought was impossible). On the other hand, her personality was such a treat. She was a constant source of amusement. She would make us laugh and laugh! She loved 'mow mows' (cats), 'kuh-kuh' (Clayton), being 'pitty', and 'soos' (shoes). We were learning to decipher "Josie-speak" and having a great time becoming fluent!At this point we knew that she wasn't going to be our only little princess, and we were nervous about how she was going to make the adjustment (let's face it, she'd been pretty spoiled).
Now here we are. Three years old. We are just as in love and addicted to this little pincess as we were on the day she was born (probably more so).
She adjusted seamlessly into her role as big sister and loves Sammie so much that it makes me proud. She and Noah are very similar in personality so, unfortunately, it results in more than a few fights but I guess that's what I get for having my stubborn, opinionated kids back to back. She's endlessly entertaining. She loves to sing and dance, she absolutlely adores Clayton (she and Noah are pretty cute together too, when they're not fighting), she has a tight little group of friends and she loves to be social and play.
Much like when she was a baby, Josie is constantly on the go. She doesn't do anything halfway. When she makes up her mind to do something, she goes for it. I love how determined and dedicated she is. Like Noah, she is very strong willed and independent (if you've ever tried to get her dressed, you know what I'm talking about here). She loves all things girly or princessy, her favorites being Ariel, Rapunzel, and Hello Kitty. She also can appreciate getting down and dirty with the boys, and she loves going outside and playing with them (although bugs kind of do freak her out).
She's sassy, funny, silly, friendly, outgoing, loving, determined, pretty, opinionated, and feisty. Even though I know that we still have the terrible three's ahead of us (because we all know that those are far worse than the terrible two's, right?) I wouldn't want her to be any other way. She knows who she is and I must admit, I am downright crazy for this big girl! I love you Josie, happy birthday!








3 comments:
Aw, what a fun timeline for her! She seems like such a fun little personality. Also, she looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU in that last picture. Holy crap.
I don't know why I did so many caps. My apologies. And happy birthday Josie!
She is SUCH a pretty little thing! I've always thought she was one of the most adorable little girls. And we know all too well about feisty around here. I always say as long as we can channel this feistiness for good things (like when they're teenagers), then I'll take it! Happy birthday to Josie!
Post a Comment