Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We had a great Easter this year. It started with my dad flying out to help us install our new hardwood floors in our dining room (by 'help us' I really mean 'do it for us'). We had fun hanging out with him of Thursday, watching him work on Friday, and playing on Saturday (which is when we had all our Easter festivities because he left too early on Sunday).
Here is a sneak peek of my dad and his "helpers" installing the floor. My dad is awesome, he did the whole floor by himself in 8 hours. I think he could have been faster even if my kids didn't insist on "helping" (at one point, Josie upended a box of nails down the heating vent - biiiiiig helpers). I'll do a whole post on the finished product later.
Because I was completely off my game this year, we didn't dye eggs. I had every intention of dying them, I even went so far as to hard boil a bunch, but things got hectic and schedules got full quickly once my dad arrived so eggs never got colored (although, given the circumstances, I'm not even a little sad or guilt-ridden about it). So I have no pictures of the traditional Easter egg dying to share.

On Saturday though, my brother and his family came over for an Easter egg hunt and a very large (and very delicious) Easter dinner.
Clayton was all business with his egg hunting.
 Doesn't he look intense!?!
 Noah was into the egg hunting, but not as much as Clayton was. Cute Pootie.
 Great action shot.
Josie chose to hunt as Belle. I mean, why do something the regular way when you can do it the princess way?

 These two just sat and watched all the chaos. Love them.
 Grandpa and the grandkids.
 Say, "Easter egg!"
 Me and my super special hubby anxiously awaiting Easter dinner.

Easter morning was fun. The kids had completely forgotten about their Easter baskets so they weren't in any hurry to get downstairs until I casually mentioned it. Then they were chomping at the bit to get downstairs!

Josie was so excited to find Tinkerbell dress ups in her basket.
 The boys had Wii K'NEX, push rockets, and fancy rubber band airplanes.
 Doing the dance of joy over finding his basket.
Nekked fairy. Josie refuses to wear clothing under her dress ups. Usually it's not a problem, but when your dress up outfit doesn't involve a shirt...that could be a problem.
Clayton was involved in the K'NEX club at school this year. He was so excited to get K'NEX in his Easter basket because he already knew how to work with them. He got his car and Noah's car built in no time (with absolutely zero help from me). And yes, he sleeps in his underwear, he's such a boy.
 In their Sunday best.
I probably should have taken pictures of them outside in the greenery, but I was worried that if I took them outside they'd see all their opportunities to get dirty. Since we hadn't gone to church yet, I chose to steer clear of the outside. Still pretty dang cute though!
 I love how Clayton and Sammie are looking at each other in this picture. I have the greatest kids. Each one of them is different and wonderful. Even though they fight and get on each other's nerves sometimes I know how much they all love each other.
For dinner we had leftovers from our feast the day before. Sammie had her first experience with ham. She LOVED it! I gave her a big hunk of ham to work with and she sucked that thing dry!

 I love these cute looks of concentration. Because of how much she loved it we started calling her 'Hammie Sammie'.
 "I will get you!"
Our Easter was wonderful. We had great food, great company, and great times. This year, when I told the boys the Easter story they were so attentive and inquisitive. I think Clayton, in particular, is starting to really understand why Easter is so important to us. We are greatful for our Savior and His atonement and resurrection. We are greatful for the knowledge that we can be an eternal family. I am greatful for the Easter season and the renewal and uplift it brings. I hope your Easter was just as wonderful!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Clayton's egg-finding pictures are some of the best ever. He really did take it seriously. Also, suddenly Sammie has all kinds of hair. So cute!

Also, your dad is super handy and wonderful for coming out. What a bonus to have floor help AND grandpa time.

Missy said...

Wow! Sammie is CHU-BEE! Love it. Interesting that Clayton sleeps in his underwear and Noah just sleeps in . . . a shirt? Wish we were with our other halves for Easter, miss you guys.