Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Best Birthday Ever!

Growing up, I didn't like having a leap year birthday. I hated that I didn't get a birthday every year like all my friends. However, the older I get, the more I LOVE my birthday! I think that only having a birthday every four years makes it so special when I actually have one. This year was definitely no exception! The fun started on Friday (the actual day). Justin, who was fortunately still on vacation, let me sleep in as late as I wanted. SOOO luxurious!! Then he made me a delicious breakfast of waffles (no one does breakfast like my cute hubby)! Then I got to take my sweet time getting ready for the day so I could go out. I got to spend the day shopping which, if you know me at all, you know that this is one of my very favorite past times! My favorite purchase of the day? This super fun purse:

It is so big and bright! I love the color, it really gets me ready for summer (although in Vermont we are, sadly, no where close).

After shopping, I came home to a sweet husband who refused to let me lift a finger. He cleaned the house, made all the food, and made sure that I didn't have to do anything for the kids that I didn't want to do! Then he made me his famous spaghetti for dinner (those of you who have had it know what I am talking about)! YUMMY!! Plus he did the dishes and got both boys ready for bed! I sure hit the jackpot when I married him!

As if this wasn't enough birthday fun, the celebrating continued to Saturday! My friend Vanessa invited me over for a very girlie afternoon. We watched the movie Evening (it was okay) and then she gave me a make-over! It was so fun. Vanessa took some pics so I will post some when I get them! That evening, Justin and I went to dinner at Sweetwaters. It is this delicious restaraunt on Church Street that makes these delicious sweet potato french fries. I highly recommend it! Before we left, Rick and Vanessa (who were babysitting our kids), suggested that after dinner we come home and then we could all do dessert together. It sounded like a good idea to me. However, the second we walked in the door, a bunch of people yelled, "Surprise!" Yay! It was a surprise party for me! I haven't had a surprise party since I was in elementary school. It was awesome! Thanks Vanessa, for putting it together! My house was decorated so cute and there was this really delicious ice cream bar! Almost all of our friends were there, I was truly touched. We even had karaoke in the basement! Wow! Hopefully I will get pics soon to post. I even got this amazing knife:

It is amazing! I have been chopping ever since!
Anyway, it was a great birthday. Thanks, everyone, for making my birthday so amazing! Especially to Justin and Vanessa, it was a GREAT two days!

Finally, here is a pic of my sweet baby boy! He has finally learned how to go down the stairs! Yay, hopefully this means that soon I can get rid of the gate! He also has a new word, "no". What exactly does it mean when your child learns "uh-oh" and "no" before he learns "mama" and "dada"?

**Sorry that this entry was almost all talk - I hope to be able to post birthday pictures very soon!

12 comments:

Kerstin said...

I am glad you had such a great Birthday! Your friends sound so great and it is so nice that they threw a suprise party for you. I love the purse!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! I think it is really cool that you are a leap year baby! Love the purse! Love the "Chick magnent!" Talan has that shirt too... I dont know if I told you that already!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! That sounds so fun. Curry let me go shopping for my birthday this year too. That is the best present ever! You do have an awesome husband!!

Jen said...

Yea for surprise parties. Your friends rock.

Sounds like you had an excellent birthday. I'm so glad. And fun new yellow purse!

Katie said...

That does sound like the best birthday ever. I'm glad you had a great day- you deserve it. Oh, and the purse is fab.

Nat said...

As Bryan and I were reading this Bryan said, "You shouldn't be reading this Nat!" He was afraid that I would be jealous- I really was!! Justin spoiled you. Again, I'm sorry we didn't make it to the party. I wish we could have! I'm glad you had an awesome birthday.

. said...

What a terrific hubby you have and he sure took care of you on your birthday! The purse is super cute too!

zachley said...

I really like the purse!! I'm glad you had such a great b-day!! We will have so many more festivities when Anish and I come out...because great news I can come!! I don't start my "grown up" life til the 31st!!
love ya

Cherine said...

I am happy you had a great birthday. I remember you telling me your birthday was on leap year when we were in high school and I thought it was awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Ariane, you only deserve the best!

Rachel B. said...

I'm glad you were spoiled. What a sweet husband to do all that for you! And kudos to your husband for pulling off a surprise. Tom has yet to really surprise me. And funny, but I always secretly wished growing up that I had been born a few days earlier so I could have had that birthday. It's definitely a memorable one. :)

Ellsworth Family said...

It sounds like you had a blast on your birthday!! I love surprise parties, and can not wait until I make Ben throw me one, I will be so surprised!