Monday, March 10, 2008

Come back Spring, we miss you!

This past week has been interesting. We have been having ice storms. For those of you who don't know what an ice storm is, it is exactly what it sounds like...a storm of ice! There is ice on EVERYTHING! We can hear it at night. The icy branches of our trees click together in the breeze and I am awakened to many sharp snapping sounds at night as the icy branches snap off the trees and hit the deck. Yesterday, our ward was substantially smaller than normal. Partly because of the time change, but also because some of our ward members couldn't chisel their car doors open! YUCK! Where, oh where is Spring!?! I have tried to take some cool pics to prove that I am serious about ice being on eveything, but my camera isn't great so the pics don't look that impressive. Here are some other fun winter facts for you to digest:

The city has already run out of salt for the roads once this year and Justin saw on the news the other day that they were running out of overtime pay for the plow drivers. Therefore, any plowing that needs to be done after hours or on the weekends would just have to wait! Does this really bother anyone else?!?

So those of you out west: Be grateful! You have no idea how jealous I am of your weather!
Anyway, because winter refuses to go away, we have been indoors A LOT! Here are some cool things that we have been doing (I am using the word 'cool' very loosly):


Having our friends over to play (Clayton and his friend Tate),

learning how to get in trouble in new ways (this kid is SUCH a monkey and yes, he is wearing a Halloween shirt),

trying out new hairdos,

and exploring career options.

I just threw this one in because it's so cute (but he does look like he's trying to pull a fast one though)!


I took my ER story off the blog, so those of you who are reading it now for the first time - sorry. I just wanted to share what had happened (it's very therapudic), but I never had any intention of leaving it up permanently. So just enjoy the cute pics of my adorable boys!

13 comments:

Jen said...

I am happy with our southern Nevada weather, don't you worry--I never take it for granted and promise to enjoy it for you.

And wow, I am so sorry about everything you've gone through the last few months. I'm a terrible cousin for not knowing anything about it. Apaprently I need to use my phone more.

I know there are few words to help in a time like this, but please know my prayers are with you for a full physical and, more importantly, emotional recovery.

Life isn't fair.

Melissa said...

I am glad to know that you are feeling better. My prayers are with you as you are getting through this hard time. What a crazy year for you so far! We are having crazy weather too, but at least we are having warm days here and there!! We've still got a huge pile of snow in our backyard though!!

Kerstin said...

First I love the new blog layout! So cute! Second I am sick of this winter weather too. Third I don't know if I have shared with you how sorry I am that you had to go through an ectopic pregnancy. I know that for me losing a baby was probably the hardest thing that I have ever had to go through and I wish that it was something that you never had to experience. I am amazed at your strength and your attitude. We love you Ariane!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of what you guys do indoors! And Im sorry that you are not here today to enjoy non-ice weather! And I am so sorry about what you have been going through! Miscarriages are not easy I know... You are a strong person! Hang in there! And I am glad that you are getting better. checking your hormone level every week is not fun! I wouldnt wish that experience on my worst enemy! My prayers are with you ... and yes Blog therapy really does help! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

oh and I love the new look on the blog! Good job! it is way cute!

Erica said...

I am so excited for spring here I can hardly stand it too! We will for sure be walking everyday! I am so glad to hear you are doing good. That was so scary and crazy.

Rachel B. said...

Okay, if you would stop doing such cute things then I wouldn't have to leave a comment every time. :) I absolutely love the new look of your blog! I need to hire your blog designer. Way cute. And I'm so sorry about the miscarriage too. That is so sad and so scary. I had a miscarriage right before Reese that they initially thought was ectopic, but ended up being just barely at the opening of the tube so it wasn't dangerous like yours. I'm so glad you are okay and that you had your mom there with you.

Cherine said...

Yea I am glad you are feeling "normal"...What an ordeal. You are so awesome!!!

. said...

Ice storms sounds scary! I bet the kids love the snow and that makes it all worth it. I am sad to hear about your woman problems...don't they mess with your mind? I go in Friday for a hysterosalpingogram (?) to try and figure out what's wrong with me. We'll get through this together! It's great to have family and friends to help. And your blog looks terrific!!!

Anonymous said...

First off, your blog looks awesome--I LOVE it!

Ice storms sound horrible--I am so content with my 70 degree days (sorry to rub it in :)!)

I am so sorry about your pregnancy. How hard. I am so glad to hear you are feeling better and hope all will continue to get well.

Finally, your b-day sounds like SO MUCH FUN! You look so pretty in those pics and what a great husband and friends you have! I am so glad it was a success!

The Jones Fam said...

Cute new page layout! I am grateful for our beautiful weather out here, but I know come May through September, I will be cursing it. I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Eptopic pregnancies can be scary!

Shayla said...

Thanks for sharing your story. I am sorry you had to go through that.

DaRew said...

Let me just be the 13th to say, "Ouch!" I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that, but I'm glad that you're alright.