Once we arrived at the airport, we had a three hour flight to Chicago. Since both boys were sick and they had slept on the car ride, I was really nervous. However, they both did fine. Noah was slightly grumpy, but (fortunately for us) there was a screaming little baby in the back of the plane, so no one even noticed Noah! Here are the boys with their aunts on the plane:
Once we got to Chicago, we had a two hour layover before our four hour flight into Vegas. The boys were so good! We got so many compliments on this flight. After we landed I even had one woman say, "Oh my goodness, I didn't even realize that there were kids on this plane. They are so well behaved!" (Obviously she doesn't know them TOO well.) I was really impressed with how well they did. I must say though, that we flew with some really nice people. Even when Noah would get fussy or Clayton would get restless, no one was rude or impatient with them. That was a blessing.
We got into Vegas at 7:15 Vegas time (10:15 VT time). Poor Noah! He didn't nap one bit on the planes so he was exhausted! He fell asleep on the drive to Grammy's house and would not be woken. It was a long trip, but I am so glad to be here (and so glad we don't have to do that again for a month)! I am also really glad that Ashley and Anisha were with me. I don't think I could have done this without them!
Here are a few pics from our first few days here:
Noah took a bath in Grammy and Grandpa's sink. It was really fun! And yes, that is a tattoo on his arm. Thanks Aunt Ash and Aunt Nish!
Yay, the boys can finally play outside (and wear SHORTS!)!!
Noah didn't know what to think of the grass (it had been too long since he'd seen some).
Well, this is the beginning of our Vegas adventure. We miss Justin and wish he were with us! However, it is nice to be here and be with family that we rarely get to see. It's a real treat! I hope I can post fairly often so that Justin can be kept up to date!
17 comments:
Girl you are brave! What traveling and you pulled it off and pulled it off well. All of my flights where Michael was Noah's age the kid cried every flight! Oh well!
I came out of the closet about a minivan a while ago and we will probably be buying one this fall sometime!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!
I want a minivan too! I never thought that I would be the minivan "type" but come on... when you have kids it seems to be the only pratical car out there! I was thinking about you... Glad your flight went well!!
Ariane...we'll miss you too! Maybe we'll have Justin over for dinner while you're away.
Sounds like the trip has gone well so far! Congrats on having two kids that did so well on such a long plane flight. Enjoy your family time...I am sure your mom is in heaven having the grandkids (and you) in town!
Wow! What a long trip. I am glad that the boys were so good it makes for a much smoother trip. And don't you love nice people on airplanes? i know when I flew out here with the kids the women seating next to me was a life saver. I am glad that you are having fun I wish we could be there too. I am glad you are going to post often because I want to hear all about your Las Vegas adventures. Have fun with all that sun!
P.S. I want a minivan too.
I am so glad that your boys were good on the flight, I was thinking about you all day when you left hoping that it went well for you! Minivans are great! We rented one to drive to Boston not too long ago and it's so nice having all the room. Have fun in Vegas- get some sun for me please, it snowed here today. Boo.
Congrats on a successful plane ride! Keep up the fun! We'll be missing you in Vermont.
So you're here for a whole month? That's pretty exciting! Hope you have fun. And good luck being apart from your sweetie for that long!
Oh, and funny how you're so excited about the warm weather. I was just thinking it's way too hot here already! I guess I'd have a different opinion if I were coming from VT. Enjoy!
Oh I can't even imagine what it's like to see green grass and be able to wear shorts! You are so lucky that your boys were good on the plane while being sick! I was really worried for you. Have a fun trip!
Have so much fun! That's great you get to go to Vegas to see your family. How long are you there?
Yeah for Vegas! We just got back. And I agree about mini-vans. I've always fought it, but I imagine one day that we will get one. They're just too practical.
So it sounded from your post that you're in Vegas without Justin. Are you still here in Vegas? If you're bored at all, let me know and we'll go do something fun! What an adventure to fly with 2 kids! We'll be flying in May but only to Salt Lake, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Wow! That was a long trip. Thank goodness for sisters! I've been considering driving down (5 hours +) to Indy alone with the kids to visit my parents when Matt has the night shift the entire month of May. Then I remembered, Adam will still be in school in May! Shoot! He already missed a week for Jen's wedding. Darn school. Hmm...We'll figure something out! Glad you can visit "home." Hope you don't miss Justin tooo much.
So jealous! That's so funny that grass is such a new experience for him. Vermont's not known for its rolling plains, is it? This week we get a little of Vegas brought to us when Katie's mom comes to visit.
How fun that you are home! I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time!
Great job on the flights--your boys sounded like they couldn't have been better (thank goodness!)
Love the Easter pics--especially Clayton's outfit (check my blog for his twins--gotta love "Children's Place!)
Can't wait to hear more about sunny, LV!
I can't believe you guys can wear SHORTS. That is SO not fair!
We miss you guys here, but hope you're having a fun trip.
Your mini-van picture was classic btw. I love it!
So fun and the weather looks perfect! How fun to be with your sisters. I want a mini-van too, which are words I thought I would never say! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
Post a Comment